Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Dantzig Custom Order

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i would rather have a bigger Johnson...lol :lol:

Nah, a cucumber wrapped in tin foil stuffed into tight trousers will convey the appearance of having a big schlong. Once you get past that point with the object of your desire, just show her your sweet custom guitar collection- she'll forget all about your actual size. LOL Unless you're already married, in which case yer screwed. :lol:

I am a little lost as to why anyone should be considered to have a big set of nads to deal with/announce dealing with Jol???

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the humour but there seems to be a deeper sentiment that is lost on me...sorry for being dense, could anyone explain? :huh:

I may be missing the point of the humour altogether...

My guess is that Jol was known to put the kibosh on a lot of CO Hamers over the years that weren't up to hi, uh, some might say snobbish tastes. The crazy boomer-laden COs we saw the past two years would not have been approved under his regime, from what I understand. So, in that sense, a lot of Hamer fans didn't like the guy much.

Feel free to correct me.

Regarding my somewhat exotic Custom Order Chapparal, to my surprise, Jol was very familiar with that guitar when it was being built and the finished product. He thought it was a very nice guitar and seemed really impressed with it... he even knew certain intricate details of that guitar... Not sure if that means he would have approved it when he was there, but let's say that so far he has been very open to different ideas I have mentioned with the current build. We even discussed the possibility of doing a one-piece Rosewood neck, I eventually decided against that though. ;)

Glad to hear all this, Mike. Maybe I will get that SP Special one day...

Thanks Elduave! I would imagine he would be very open to something like that - especially for folks who were instrumental in providing business to Hamer... ;)

Hey thats great news,I'm sure it will be a beauty.Keep us updated,I'm goin to Joels blog to check out the progress.post-31350-0-47141800-1365892932_thumb.j

Can't wait to see the finished product.

coolfeel; congrats on the custom order. It sounds like quite a project.

I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with the results.

Please post pictures as they become available.

conorb

That is really cool! I am following the work of Jol for a while and to me he is a nice guy, replies fast on email and is a true artist when it becomes to building guitars. I hope when my recording studio is finished I can save money for a new guitar. Since Hamer is out of business I was also keeping an eye on Dan dishaw guitars, but if Jol will have a price quote that is simular to Hamer...then I know which way to go.

A quick update - Jol sent me a pic of the Redwood billet he will be using for this guitar. Whoa!!! The billet looks pretty farging killer!!! Man - this should be pretty sick. He will be getting the billet sometime next week and will do a quick one-over to ensure there are no hidden issues and then he will proceed with the build.

Hey thats great news,I'm sure it will be a beauty.Keep us updated,I'm goin to Joels blog to check out the progress.attachicon.gifDSCN0138.JPG

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Hey ROCKO, - how 'bout a ful frontal pic of that gorgeous Indigo geetar?

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update - Jol sent me a pic of the Redwood billet he will be using for this guitar. Whoa!!! The billet looks pretty farging killer!!! Man - this should be pretty sick. He will be getting the billet sometime next week and will do a quick one-over to ensure there are no hidden issues and then he will proceed with the build.

Pics of the billet?

I love hearing that Jol is doing some guitars that more of us have a chance at affording. I really like reading his blog and following things from the idea stage to a killer guitar in someone's hands.

Archived