Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Dantzig Custom Order

That's 'cause they didn't.

:huh:

Kind of a heavy post for such a placid thread, Poe. Someone call you out?

Edited for redundancy.

Oh no. This is *not* the way I wanted this thread to go. My response was directed at the posters who were commenting on the OP having "balls" for posting this thread. There is no reason to hold back on a custom order made by Jol.

My sincerest apologies to the OP, this thread was at least partially derailed due to my post. That wasn't the intent. But I should have known better.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. My only point was that while there were vocal critics of Jol, we would in no way wish him (or his endeavors) ill will. It is good that he is still building and it is awesome news that he has a line that would be in the realm of affordable.

I seriously cannot wait to see this done. I think it will be jaw dropping.

Thanks Poe! I am really excited about it too! It is interesting to work with Jol with his vast knowledge. He has been very open to ideas and has offered ideas of his own - especially the one piece Limba neck design. He also has interesting stories to share - I always appreciate that. I imgaine he will send pics of the build along the way, possibly some in the near future. I will share with the board.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update, I was wrong the other week about the guitar Jol posted on his blog - it was not mine. However, he did post mine this morning and sent an email to validate. It is a pic of the Limba body blank, one-piece neck blank, the ebony overlay, and to the far right you can even see the Redwood Billet and the ebony fingerboard... He has had a huge influx of orders and is getting pretty backed up... Exciting times...

http://guitarguru.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Nice!!!

He is getting pretty backed up... Exciting times...

http://guitarguru.typepad.com/my_weblog/

He's probably been eating too much cheese!

Love the pic of the old Fender Harvard. Don't I remember someone saying in a thread long ago (about Rick Neilsens amp in the old days), that Ace Frehley had a cranked Harvard back behind the wall 'o' Marshalls in the 70's?.

Can't wait to see your C.O. when it's a guitar. ;)

Just a quick note - Jol has 2 categories of guitars that come out of his shop:

1. Signature: Jol builds the entire guitar (The Crow, Hell's Half-Acre, Sakura, etc..)
  2. Team Built: Jol builds/manages the build process of several "former" Hamer luthiers (several of these guitars are prominently photographed on his FB page)

Of course, I fall into category 2. These guitars are similarly priced to the Hamer custom orders. I would encourage anyone who is serious about having a killer guitar built to consider this option.

I hope that helps to clarify...

OMFG!

I'm stoked. I had no frickin idea.....

Now everything is gonna be ok. Seriously.

Ooohhhmmmm.

There are moments where I think it could have been great to have FB account. But I'm still happy I've deleted it.

Well, I see industrial desease top on. Is that it?

If you had a guitar built personally by each person, Leo Fender, Paul Reed Smith, CF Martin, Kurt Gibson, Jol Danzig, Dean, Steven Seagull, Rory Ibanez, Wally Washburn, ESP-N, etc. None of the guitars would have been built with a better personality. Believe it or not, it's not just the actual guitar building skills going into a guitar, it is also the character of the person being incorporated into it. Jol has a cool personality. His humor is dry, but he has made me laugh quite a bit over the years.

Bm

Yes that is it. I should clarify that the article is not specifically about my build, it is mentioned more as a transition along with a pic. Here is the link to Industrial Disease blog.

http://guitarguru.typepad.com/my_weblog/2013/07/industrial-disease.html

It seems to be well selected wood. That's going to be a great guitar. Let me recall - Tally style. Hhmmm.

Archived