Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Dantzig Custom Order

Jol posted a shot of my guitar on his site today - you can really see the nice figuring of the Limba...

This is going to become a nice guitar. I can see it! B)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookin' good!

Cool - do you have a feel for what Jol will/won't build, from your time speaking with him?

Maybe this has been addressed, but I'm wondering if my dream "Standard" is completely off the table, or do you get the idea that something like that would be something he'd do?

Thanks in advance, RJ

Spoke to Jol earlier today - looks like we are getting closer to the finish line. He sent along a pic of the carved top - looks pretty spectacular dry - can't wait to see it finished.

It looks like a finely crafted pin-striped suit made out of laboriously carved wood.

Look at how wide the grain is!

It indeed appears to be wide flame and it is definitely Redwood... :wub:

I'll see your :wub: and raise you a :wub::wub:

It's a gorgeous piece of wood and that carve sends it over the top.

Wow! Thats a beautiful start! The finished guitar is going to be off the charts! I can't wait to see it in your possession. Hurry up Team Dantzig! Hurry!

Lookin' good!

Cool - do you have a feel for what Jol will/won't build, from your time speaking with him?

Maybe this has been addressed, but I'm wondering if my dream "Standard" is completely off the table, or do you get the idea that something like that would be something he'd do?

Thanks in advance, RJ

Some folks didn't feel that Jol would do a Redwood topped guitar. He has been pretty open to ideas for my build. It might not be a bad idea to reach out to him, let him know what you are thinking and get his thoughts. He seems to accept builds that interest him, for whatever that's worth...

Very nice work.

Don't know that I could wait, but I just spec'd out a custom 'dream build' myself. Fortunately, I don't think it'll take as long, so my impatient ass will be ok!

Imagine it with stain and clearcoat!

Or some pastel hued opaque finish!!

:D :D

Jol posted a shot of my guitar on his site today - you can really see the nice figuring of the Limba...

This is going to become a pretty nice guitar. I can see it! B)

Fixed myself.

Sea Foam Green gets no complaints!

...with a white shell pickguard. ;)

Sea Foam Green gets no complaints!

...with a white shell pickguard. ;)

Oh the horror :blink::(:lol: