Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Dantzig Custom Order

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's what you get for a forementioned figure and a two years wait. It's worth it!

As soon as you have it the wait is forgotten. A guitar for a life time! It's got perfect mojo right from the beginning.

Someone called dibs before? Dibs!

"What is a ball park figure to get something like this built?"

More than a year ago I emailed Jol that I liked the Tulsa (think Talladega Pro) posted at the homepage. He said that it would start at $5600 if built by the crew or whatever he calls the non-custom builders. Wonder where the price is today. Or at delivery.

About a year ago I remarked that the gestation period of a blue whale is 450-590 days. This baby is coming in at 730 days, I reckon. Why is this taking so long?

Coolfeel must have the patience of Job. This is definitely on Jol time.

$5600???? Wow. I realize I'm talking out of my ass, but I can't fathom why any guitar is worth more than $4k or so. That just seems so extreme to me. But, of course, to each his own and that's my own opinion!

• 2 weeks later...

Back and forth, forth and back. Whatever, it's incredible!!!

My '08 Hamer custom order was sent to Elduave in an Ovation case with instructions to wait for the custom case before shipping it to me. I said, forget that! Send the damn thing right now and have Hamer ship the damn custom job straight to me! lol … and that's what Elduave did, bless his soul. I could NOT wait another week.
I'm sure you know the feeling. Anyway, it looks like a beauty that you'll enjoy for a long time.

For the clicking impaired...(you know who you are!)

post-34839-0-39232700-1432313177.jpg

For some reason I thought this was going to be more like a Talladega Pro than a Talladega.

Does Jol have a name for this model? The two pup model four-knob is called the Tulsa, I believe.

It is unique, that's for sure. Congrats!

This model is simply the Tulsa. The idea with my guitar was to blend elements of the Talladega and the Talladega Pro, which he did (the pro's contoured neck heel). Jol picked the finish and all of the hardware and controls.

That's fcuking CLASSY!

I can just imagine how it sounds. Those P90s have a nice acoustic vibe in them. Does it have a Fender scale neck?

Archived