Hamer Fan Club Message Center

KISS podcast Pod of Thunder: starring yours truly

You'd think I could find something better to do with my time, but what the hell. A couple buddies of mine and I have started a KISS podcast where we will critique and comment on every song in the band's catalog, plus any related topics that come to mind.

The first episode, "Strutter," is now on iTunes (search Podcasts for "Pod of Thunder"--duh). The plan is to come out with a new episode weekly, and the songs will be selected at random moving forward. For any interested non-iTunes users, we'll eventually upload a couple episodes at a time onto Soundcloud.

We also have a Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pod.of.thunder.kiss.podcast

So if you don't have anything better to do with your time, check it out!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will go out on a limb and predict that there will be some solid humor here. Some of those "offbeat" KISS songs are funny without commentary, so I'm sure this'll be great. I'm subscribing!

I have been waiting to hear a professional critique of the evolution of Ace's lyric writing from rhyming every line (A-A-A-A) to his gradually more advanced every other line rhyming scheme (A-B-A-B ).

Listened to the podcast tonite.

Some cool observations.

"Strutter" is usually right up in the top 5 or 10 fan fav songs, me included.

Personally, I dig "Strutter '78". The comments you guys made concerning it, were

pretty much on, but I still like it. I think what does it for me, is Paul's added vocals, over the outro

solo. I remember as a 15 / 16 year old kid, thinking that it sounded like he was desperate.

Anyways ... I'll be looking for the new podcast.

Yeah, I'm an old school KISS fan.

Ok, subscribed.

So far, i've learn that Chris is the oldest fart member of this gang... :P

An understatement. As mentioned, Kiss had already lost me before either of the other two scrags were even born.

Fresh bag of POT now on iTunes: episode #2 - "Modern Day Delilah" from Sonic Boom, including a rant by my partner Andy about the time he met Eric Singer at a Kiss Konvention.

Listened to both today - loved the Eric Singer story. Reminded me of a couple sports signing experiences I had.

One was Willie Stargell, right after he was elected to the Hall Of Fame. Went to a card show, paid for the signing. When you got to the table, there was someone there directing you to hand your item to Woman #1, who then slid it to Stargell to sign, then he slid it to Woman #2 to hand back to you. The guy in front of me, as his item was being signed, said, "Mr. Stargell, I just wanted to congratulate you and tell..." and the woman next to him said, "Please do not talk to Mr. Stargell." It may have been an aberration, but considering how he was lionized here, I was very disappointed.

The other was Jerome Bettis, and it wasn't nearly that bad - he was actually very gracious, although they weren't letting people linger because the line was so long. This was at a mall, and the signing ran to 9:00. We were done by about 7:20, thanked him, he thanked us, we went on our way. We walked back out past the table where he was signing at 9:05 - and it was like he was never there. Totally deserted - not even people lingering in the area.

As far as athletes go, hockey players were far and away the most gracious and appreciative people I ever met. I met Bobby Hull at a signing, and he kept the line waiting because he stopped to sit wth a guy in a wheelchair. No idea if the guy in the wheelchair was there for him or not - he hadn't been over by the signing area - but Hull just went over and chatted him up. Very cool.

I've been lucky in that the musicians I've met that have been people I've looked up to were all extremely gracious to me. Even the guys I've met because I was waiting for someone else in the band.

Nice job, Chris!

Listened to both 'casts back to back last nite after band rehearsal.

I am liking it all, but especially the laid back atmosphere.

Great commentary, and the 'music nerd' bashing is totally apropos.

I'm a Kissfan so maybe I'm a wee bit biased.

Keep up the good work, Chris.

How bout some t-shirts? "... BULLSHIT!!!" :lol:

another winner!

played it for a coworker who is a big kiss fan.

he spent 10 minutes telling me how bob kulick played on this & that,

and was influential to helping slaughter get signed, etc

Episode 4 now live: we break down "And On the 8th Day" from Lick It Up, then discuss Gene Simmons' movie career and the likelihood that the Demon and Starchild characters will one day have guys other than Gene and Paul portraying them, a la the Spaceman and the Catman.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pod-of-thunder/id639350818

This stuff is freakin' great!

I'm just waiting for Gene to find a way to make $$ off of your podcasts...

Great idea. Trying to figure out how to listen right now. Maybe we can cross promote?

I'm gonna give you a mention in an upcoming episode, as I incorrectly corrected my partner Nick when he said Thin Lizzy is now known as Black Star Riders. I'm gonna correct a few of the things I've said in past episodes, and you played BSR in a recent episode, so that's all the impetus I need!

I'm just waiting for Gene to find a way to make $$ off of your podcasts...

He'll end up suing us, of course, but I'd be happy to achieve a level of renown with this thing that we actually appear on his radar.

I downloaded a couple of them, I'll give them a listen tomorrow. Looking forward to them.

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it!

Ok, subscribed.

So far, i've learn that Chris is the oldest fart member of this gang... :P

Looking forward to more podcast, is a new thing for me.

An almost 56 y/o old fart, I believe I'm older, and yes, a Kiss fan since day one.

Archived