Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Twas a HOLY SHIT day for Diablo!

I am currently getting an attractive young lady lined up to shoot with theguitar this evening.....

Caliber?

WOO HOO! VERY VERY NICE! :wub:

For some reason, I want to call it "The Joker".

I also want to call Dibs. :lol::ph34r:

Knowing our friend Diablo here, I think Dibs won't answer this time. :lol:

2) if I'm not mistaken, Greg has a minor tweak to perform before I can claim it.

Let me guess. He is going to put a wraptail bridge on it.

Just HOW did you get any kind of checkerboard finish at all?

I'm guessing Greg's calling in a shit-ton of favors had something to do with the Checkerboard getting thru. Either that or the boys in the Hamer shop knew the writing was on the wall and said "Fuck it! Let's let it happen."

2) if I'm not mistaken, Greg has a minor tweak to perform before I can claim it.

Let me guess. He is going to put a wraptail bridge on it.

Just HOW did you get any kind of checkerboard finish at all?

I'm guessing Greg's calling in a shit-ton of favors had something to do with the Checkerboard getting thru. Either that or the boys in the Hamer shop knew the writing was on the wall and said "Fuck it! Let's let it happen."

The former.

That is f-ing awesome!

This reminds me that in the "hindsight has 20/20" category I was thinking the other day that it would have been very cool if Hamer had been ran a little differently for the last decade or so. I get what Joel was going for and how he was pushing for a new high end identity. I respect the models that came along and think a lot of work and thought went into them. At the same time there are a lot of us that love Hamer's who want to see stuff just like this Cali. Imagine if Hamer had been able to split things down the middle. Half the work put into the new direction and the other half into shredders. I get the argument that there are plenty of other shredders out there to pick from but the same can be said for the high end market. I still think there would have been a place for Hamer in the shredder market as long as they kept the anything goes mentality (and pricing to go with it) in place. It seems like it would have given the (small) masses what they want while still providing a vehicle for advancing the art. Sadly I would have still been too cheap and broke to buy one. :-(

I'm just waiting for the pics... ;)

Archived