Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Creating A Hamer: a behind the scenes look

If there is one more cali after this would it be possible to make the angle on the bottom of the board match the neck pickup route? Or is it the flaw that you have to put in it to be true to the (native) American heritage?

Someone remind me why these Hamer guys are a. not National heroes b. not going to continue to produce these fucking works of art!!!

Goddammit! And I have a fat ol' tax refund this year. :(

If there is one more cali after this would it be possible to make the angle on the bottom of the board match the neck pickup route? Or is it the flaw that you have to put in it to be true to the (native) American heritage?

I think Jol addressed that in a recent PG column...

I think Jol addressed that in a recent PG column...

Most likely where my brain grabbed it from. Apologies to Jol for not giving him credit

Hey Mike, where is the picture with the message on the neck? It's like the neck is talking. Just like the "Help" message in that chick's stomach in the Excorsist. Everybody on the site should ask Mike to post it.

Bm

That's my buffing bench by the way. Isn't it just fucking bitchin'?

Bm

There will be pools of BLOOD if this STC is not done next week.013_zpsa40f651d.jpg015_zps9ed6bfe8.jpg

It WILL be UGLY!

For you D...

Oh boy VERY excited!! There is one small problem though. The neck pickup is supposed to be reverse zebra like the old school Hamers. Also, should they be F spaced??

On the normal zebra's, isn't the cream against the board?

Bm

That's what I want, cream against the fingerboard.

Like this. When I ordered these, I was told it was reverse zebra...

guitarsforsale013.jpg

That's not right. They were so used to Hamer reversing the cream to the board that they thought reverse Hamer Zebra would be cream back to normal. It is a good thing you saw that, I never would have caught that. Fuck! It will take another fifty fucking weeks to get the right one. Another ripple effect of this fucking joke which is let's announce Hamer isn't producing, but let's still make the fucking things even though every aspect of the Hamer production routine is fucking evaporated to the point we can't handle something as simple as this!..................................................................Sorry for flying off the handle. I don't have my meds.

Bm

It may make more sense to put those pickups in & I change the neck pickup. When I ordered mine from some guy on ebay, I got them in less than a week. If you really think it will take a long time to get the pickup, let me know. Also, is F spaced correct?

This is called reverse zebra on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DiMarzio-F-spaced-Norton-Humbucker-Creme-Black-Reverse-Zebra-DP-160-/190936891359?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c74b9bfdf

YOWZA!

Is it possible for the current Hamer builders to form their own company, and lease the equipment to build Hamers full time?

Wouldn't the name have to be changed? If so, what about "Hammer"? That wouldn't confuse anybody. ;)

Seeing the build photos makes me appreciate mine even more. This is why practically any USA made Hamer will be full of awesome, whereas you have to win the quality lottery on some other well known brands.

There will be pools of BLOOD if this STC is not done next week.013_zpsa40f651d.jpg015_zps9ed6bfe8.jpg

It WILL be UGLY!

For you D...

Can't resist to reply on this one. Standards rule! The color is awsome. You guys have a great job in that you create other people's dreams.

Ironically, the "f" spaced will probably line up better with the pole pieces, especially on the bridge. That's why people get them.

Bm

By the way, I have it buffed up through my last two wheels, then I can start on your board.

and oh by the way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it looks FUCKING AWESOME!

Ironically, the "f" spaced will probably line up better with the pole pieces, especially on the bridge. That's why people get them.

Bm

By the way, I have it buffed up through my last two wheels, then I can start on your board.

and oh by the way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it looks FUCKING AWESOME!

Thanks for the update. I can't wait! I did order the correct pickups from a guy on ebay who gets them SUPER fast. You can finish the guitar & I'll change the pickups... OR if I get them before you're done, I'll send them to you to put in.

Archived