Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Creating A Hamer: a behind the scenes look

Feck ! This just gets better and better.

I'd want a Gibson shaped TRC like the old Standards have but I don't think one would fit as the route looks too big.

Is this the reason why they changed from the Gibson shape to the strange shaped TRC they use now ?

I just sent a bell cover to them. It may or may not cover the route, I'm not sure either. If it fits properly, that will be cool. If not, I'll go with the new style which also looks good.

It's an easy way to tell an old one from a new one, if the "standard" Gibson one doesn't fit you could easily make one up a similar shape.

I'm really confused right now. There are still some Hamers being finished up???

Yes.

Orders that were placed before the early December, 2012 cutoff are still being finished. Those are what we're seeing here in this thread.

The shop is located in the same old factory building in New Hartford as the USA Guild, Fender Acoustic and limited Ovation production. While most of the Hamer stuff has been moved around and the area dedicated for the final Hamer production is a small fraction of what it was, there's still some activity there in between the Guild (and Fender) production.

Wow! What a complete dumbass!!

The shop is located in the same old factory building in New Hartford as the USA Guild, Fender Acoustic and limited Ovation production. While most of the Hamer stuff has been moved around and the area dedicated for the final Hamer production is a small fraction of what it was, there's still some activity there in between the Guild (and Fender) production.

Must....sneak....in.....

Wow! What a complete dumbass!!

Here is the text from the ad:

up for sale hamer archtop guitar. this guitar was listed before but the idiot that bid on it stifed me.

on payment. so I am forced to relist it. all I can tell u is that it is a archtop at least that is what it states on the cover with the letters U.S.A. I do not know a hole lot about the guitar so I can not for say for certain that it is that.
so I am going to price it vary vary reasonable. it is in excellent condition. this guitar has the same body as a P.R.S.
it has a new hard shell case that cost 1oo.00 so either way the price I am asking for is well worth it. it will,
make a great starter for someone.
thank u for looking
P.S. if u have no prayer transactions do not bother bidding thank u
I HAVE ALREADY HAD PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT IT IS NOT AN U.S. AS I SAID IN MY ADD ,
I WAS NOT CERTAIN OF IT'S ORIGIN. ONCE AGAIN i DO NOT KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT THIS GUITAR ,
JAP,MEX,INDONESIA, OR FRANKEN MARS THIS GUITAR IS VARY NICE AND WHEREVER IT WAS MADE
IT IS NOT A PEACE OF CRAP & A STEAL FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS !!!
THANK U FOR LOOKING SHADOW 716

Sorry for the brief hi-jack - back to our regular scheduled drooling...

OK, so the archtop in the reflection here made me go check out Guild's website. If the same dudes building our Hamers are also making these fiddles, it makes that price tag make a little more sense...still, for $8K, I think I'd see if Monsieur Shiskov and Herr Jackass could custom build one!!

015_zps5fbbd9bc.jpg3828100801_frt_wmd_001.png

I actually think the guitar in that reflection is a Guild Jumbo F-Series.

Yes. Do I put 24 strings on it?

Bm

At LEAST!!

Put 23 on it. Or at least 11.

When my 8 string came in on a Friday, I broke one of the drone strings and had to go a weekend being unable to even order a replacement. Everyone ridiculed me about my 7 string bass. Screw them all! I had my dream bass-- a Hamer 8 string!

Even with one string missing a bass like that 12 string is going to be cooler than all the rest.

Truly the end of the end of the line...

• 1 year later...

Archived