Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'06 Huber Dolphin Korina Fully Chambered - SOLD

Not sure if this would be considered a hollowbody or simply fully chambered - see the pics, and maybe someone here can tell me...

*Love* this guitar, but i have 2 Dolphins, and i'm starting to thin the herd, so this one goes. $2400 PPal'd and shipped within the con-US. If yer outside the con-US, let's talk - i'll likely need a little extra to cover the shipping.

The Good:

Monster guitar, in very good condition. Light weight (Korina *and* fully chambered...), very articulate. Haussel pups sound amazing. It has a vin B / vin N combination. It's all original as far as i know - even has the old Yamaha push/push switch on the tone control as opposed to the push/pull they're putting on the newer guitars. Frets are in good shape, minor wear at the cowboy chords. Neck is full, around the 0.8" mark, similar to a Hamer vintage carve, but the wider fretboard makes the neck feel thinner than it really is. Faux binding. The ebony tuner buttons makes the guitar balance well (but i do use a wide leather strap). OHSC has moderate wear - i'll get pics of that later.

Bottom line - it's a Huber. :)

The Bad:

Not much to say, here. The finish has a spot on the back near the neck that has tiny bubbles in it. This didn't come out in the pics, so i'll try again. I consider it minor, but full disclosure, here... :) Light wear on the bridge and top edge of the bridge pup. Overall, very light honest wear for a 7 year old guitar.

The Pics:

More pics are available if'n you want to see them. Some of these are older pics, but the guitar is in the same shape as then.

06_Huber_Dolphin-01.JPG

06_Huber_Dolphin_Body-03.JPG

06_Huber_Dolphin_Headstock-01.JPG

Nik's neck pocket is a thang of beauty - very easy access to the notes that hardly anyone plays. :) Very comfortable neck joint.

06_Huber_Dolphin-Back-01.JPG

Fully chamber, as you can see here:

06_Huber_Dolphin-ControlCavity-2.JPG

FWIW, my Dolphin II (Maple top, solid body, and much heavier) is THE ONE I keep going back to. I cannot even say why-----It is just SO right........I have a hard time even getting a bad note out of it........I would love to give a serious workout to this one----(Korina, chambered, light weight, etc). SERIOUS temptation going on here. I just cannot buy yet another until I sell a few of the "surplus" guitars/amps I already have.

Yes, I love my Hamers, BUT........

I am quite confident that the next owner of this is going to be a very happy camper.....And it is cool that it DOES have some play wear-----As opposed to the many higher end guitars that get locked away in their case and never get played for fear of a scratch that reduces the resale value......

Archived