Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Serial Steve Matthes Book Signing/Petting Zoo/Jam @ Rocketeria, Saturday, September 7th

Mods, please pin. Thanks!

Steve Matthes book signing, Hamer petting zoo, jam, Saturday 9/7/13 2pm @ Rocketeria in Olney, MD.

Travel info: BWI is most convenient, however, you'd be looking at a ride or shuttle to and from the airport (ICC bus may be a nice option, new highway, new busses). If you prefer being able to get to and from an airport via Metro (rail), Reagan National is your choice. As far as hotel, it's tricky. There are no hotels or motels in Olney proper. There's likely a BNB type place or two in the general region, but if that's not your thing, you'd be looking at lodging in Gaithersburg area (where I live), Rockville (sort of between Not Steve and I) or Bethesda (closest to Chris). Greater Silver Spring would be good (lots to do, lots of lodging options). Don't know if there'll be a central locale for folks yet, but that might be a consideration as well.
Facebook event page:

Really hope to see you here!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"No Surrender"? As in the Springsteen song? ;)

Turdus knows that one...

Chris,

I really think he meant NO "Surrender". I am sure you remember all those old music stores that had the cardboard signs that read:

"No Stairway to Heaven"

"No Free Bird"

It evolved to

"No Enter Sandman" then to whole Band Catalogs!

"NO NIRVANA"

"NO FOO FIGHTERS"

"NO GREEN DAY!"

We all know that Elduave is a Cheap Trick fan. I guess someone must have ruined it for him...just can't imagine.

Oh! and "NO IMAGINE" on the keyboards please or "Hey Jude"

Thanks Management!

:D

Hamerica

Chris,

I really think he meant NO "Surrender". I am sure you remember all those old music stores that had the cardboard signs that read:

"No Stairway to Heaven"

"No Free Bird"

It evolved to

"No Enter Sandman" then to whole Band Catalogs!

"NO NIRVANA"

"NO FOO FIGHTERS"

"NO GREEN DAY!"

We all know that Elduave is a Cheap Trick fan. I guess someone must have ruined it for him...just can't imagine.

Oh! and "NO IMAGINE" on the keyboards please or "Hey Jude"

Thanks Management!

:D

Hamerica

:D:D:D:D

Brian - I actually have a pretty surpressed memory of there being a horrible, grisly trainwreck of an attempt at "Surrender" at an HFC Jam eons ago.

Thank god I wasn't part of it!! :D

Brian - I actually have a pretty surpressed memory of there being a horrible, grisly trainwreck of an attempt at "Surrender" at an HFC Jam eons ago.

I have been trying to suppress that memory as well.

Glad I wasn't involved either - unless you have pictures, I wasn't involved !!!

Damn it!!!

My own conscious won't let me live this down. The look on the drummers face says it all.

The worse part ?! - I had to walk to the back of the room where I was sitting with several people including Peter Fung who was smiling handing me his cell phone, "Brian, it's Rick Nielsen and he wants me to cut up your Trick Fan Club Membership Card. Surrender!

Oh well, back to therapy. Thanks Elduave, I almost had forgotten this - not.

Hamerica

post-1218-0-76081500-1375807524_thumb.jp

^^ ^^ ^^

THIS!

I have been trying to suppress that memory as well.

Glad I wasn't involved either - unless you have pictures, I wasn't involved !!!

Damn it!!!

My own conscious won't let me live this down. The look on the drummers face says it all.

The worse part ?! - I had to walk to the back of the room where I was sitting with several people including Peter Fung who was smiling handing me his cell phone, "Brian, it's Rick Nielsen and he wants me to cut up your Trick Fan Club Membership Card. Surrender!

Oh well, back to therapy. Thanks Elduave, I almost had forgotten this - not.

Hamerica

I honestly have no recollection of any train wrecks at the last HFC jam-then again, Chris and I were late after about twenty pitchers with the shop artisans...

Hey, it WAS memorable, right? Maybe not for the right reason, but how many other tunes do you recall from that night? ;)

Hey George!

Apparently it will live forever ;)

Archived