Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Saw KISS Last Night

But if they did, how would they continue to milk the fans' cash for the next 25 years?

While I wouldn't mind being a multi-millionaire and live in Beverly Hills, sometimes.....how much money does one need?

I did get the intent of your comment, Chris. It boggles my mind...

It also occurs to me that many fans who were fans when the band started, are now about my age, between 50 - 60 years old. I would bet that many of their fans today, never saw the original band and are interested to see what all the hype is about?.. sorry if I've taken this thread over..

It has cheesed Gene for decades that Ace, even with all the defects of character, is infinitely cooler than he is. IMO the solo albums were a vehicle to publicly embarrass Ace and Peter and prove who really made the band tick. It totally backfired on Gene, who I'm sure was convinced that Ace would release a total turd. In fact, the opposite happened.

I love the fact that Gene and Paul claimed that they couldn't play some old material because Ace and Peter weren't up to it, then Kiss added "Love Her All I Can" for about five shows before dropping it. Ace played it - and a lot of other old Kiss stuff that Kiss won't play - on the Anomaly tour. Gene so wants for fans to be as sick of Ace as he seems to be, and he can't stand it that Ace is so beloved.

Well, Chris...when you wish upon a star and all...

I've still never heard a note from his album, but I soon will on the Podcast, I'm sure.

Ace's solo record is pretty good... very dated, yet still very cool.. "I'm in need of love" would be the cut to play, IMHO.

Gene's album is a decidedly mixed bag, but I think it shows him to be a lighter weight than the image he projects (or tries to). Some decent songs, some that are more cringe-worthy, and some that make you shake your head (I like his cover of "When You Wish Upon A Star" well enough, but still...). There were enough celebrity cameos to give the impression that Gene was trying to show how well-connected he was. Over the years, I've come to regard Gene's as third at best among the solo albums, and I'm more likely to listen to Peter's album. I'd rank Gene's third if the Kiss universe is a consideration. Peter's album suffers in that it's not really a rock and roll album, or at least not a hard rock album. There's nothing on it that fits into a Kiss show despite them doing "Tossin' And Turnin'" on the early dates of the Dynasty tour.

Archived