Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Everybody else has one. Here’s mine:

specialk

Of course I meant a “Feynman is a great guy” story. What did you think I meant? :D

Anyway, a couple of months ago I bought an inexpensive acoustic guitar (still love it, BTW). I didn’t want to spend a bunch of money on a good stand so I asked on here about how to make a cheap stand nitrocellulose friendly. Sixesandsevens said to wrap the parts that touch the guitar with old cotton rags or socks. Good answer and that’s what I was gonna do. Then Feynman said he had an extra Hercules stand he didn’t need and would send it my way. Terrific!

The next day there’s a box waiting for me when I get home from work. From Guitar Center. Hmmm, I sure hadn’t ordered anything. Inside was brand new Hercules stand. From Feynman.

So hats off to him for being a fine human being and excellent member of this excellent board. I hope karma works because he has a LOT of positive karma in his account.

Thank you, Mitch.

Shucks. Thanks!

I hate to argue with a thread complimenting me, but a lot of these little giveaways are as much about me as they are the recipient. I do like sharing my excitement over this gear stuff with my friends, but there's more to it than that.

As the wise Sir Lathrop noted, having things around that I don't use bugs me. I like to keep my superfluous material possessions to a minimum, and if I can give some toy I don't need to someone else that will get use from it....great.

Specialk's story is an old one, and he got a new stand because I had some Musician's Friend store credit sitting around in my account. I found out that it would cost nearly as much to ship him my old stand as to just buy a new one and have it delivered to him. Since I had the credit, it was easier to just make a few clicks on the web.

Fast forward several months from then and I STILL have this annoying extra stand. I'm going to put it in the closet soon just to get it out of my sight.

toomanystands_zps3ae06e93.jpg

Sincerely, your resident nutjob.

Edited to add: Oh yeah, I got another Princeton Reverb. I sure like these little amps.

Edited again to add: Don't think it's lost on me that if I added up all the things I've given away here I could have bought Murkat's Soloist instead. :)

mitch is good people. he sent me a bunch of cool classical & flamenco DVD's, and some classical books (back when i had classical students).

hey mitch, i see you have that new zoom multi FX; stike got one, i think i like it better than his digitech 1101 (or the axe fx & tonelab units i used to have).

and yeah, i hate extra stuff lying around too (but i'm cheap so i don't give it away, i sell or trade).

Archived