Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2 Special Edition Hamers made for Bill Kaman for Sale

As of 10/3/2013 8:53 CT:

• Newport sold to Feynman!!!

As of 10/4/2013 2:30 CT

• The HACL sold to Polara
  • In discussions with HFCer on the Goldtop, but deal not finalized...will keep you all updated.

I've pasted what I hope is a functional link to Google+ images of guitars I have for Sale:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115958177390492414570/albums/5871555229618093489?banner=pwa

I have a Factory Gold Top 3-pickup Studio made for Bill Kaman (once owned by our own Paults) and
a Hamer Artist Custom Limited (HACL 2 of 9) also made for Kaman for sale. Both are in excellent condition, however, they are not without small blemishes here or there...more like Cindy Crawford's mole than Quasimodo's eye (they could be said to add to the appeal)

I'm asking $950 for each of them.

I'm also selling a customized Newport for $900. It has Rio Pickups and very flexible switching. The mod was made by Geoff Benge (famous Chicago guitar tech). The Newport is in well-loved condition. It has a very rare placement of the tuneomatic tailpiece (I'm only aware of one other that's in that spot...most are much further from the bridge); 10th inlay and ebony tuners.

Please IM me, if interested.

I'm selling because this is a lean time, so I can't entertain trades.

Thanks

While you are at it, do you know which pickup models are installed in the 3 pickup guitar?

So is that HACL chambered? Is that what makes it an Artist rather than a Studio? Either way, it's pretty sweet.

I don't think it's chambered. HACL is just what they called it. There's faint script on the back of the headstock reading "HACL 2 of 9"

What's the neck profile like on the Studio? Thanks

It's not too stout...not shredder-thin but medium slender....

While you are at it, do you know which pickup models are installed in the 3 pickup guitar?

In the Bridge I think it's Muy Grande Humbucker and a tallboy single. At the neck I believe it's a tallboy humbucker. I have the switching set up so you can get to pretty much any combination of singles and humbuckers.

Oops....I answered for the Newport. I really don't know. I didn't switch them out because I thought they sounded good. Possibly they're stock. The middle pot fades in the middle humbucker which yields some nice tones.

More deets on that Newport please - is that an ebony fingerboard? Could you elaborate on the wear items?

Thanks.

It has very minimal fretwear. It is an ebony fretboard. there are 3 shallow dimples in the back, a 'hameritis' type ding along one of the edges (some finish separation) and a couple of dings on the front. When I say 'well-loved' I don't mean all beat up...but it's just not a case queen.

OMG.

_DSC6770.JPG

_DSC6772.JPG

Feynman says it best...

4 days ago I bought a gorgeous orange sparkle Newport with PhatCats and a Bigsby.

Is it too soon to want one with 'buckers and a TOM?

Archived