Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Your current #1 guitar?

gtone

Haven't done this in a while, and most of have made a few changes since then.

Almost hate to call it my #1, since that means different things to different people, but the guitar I'm playing the most is an '08 Firebird V I picked up from currypowder here on the forum.

firebird1_zpsb671aa47.jpg

This is currypowder's pic, so I've made a few changes since then... :)

It is not the newest, most expensive or even (necessarily) the "prettiest", but this is the one that just feels and sounds "just right" on most days. Never fails to get a compliment........She, not me.

IMG_02421_zps3a4bd1d7.jpg

Huber Dolphin II

The 3 way switch works "backwards", as does the push-pull. Too good to mess with changing.

Can't explain it - total beater that I cobbled together from parts. Sounds great, plays great, and light as a feather....

The "Centablo"

Centablo1.jpg

How well does it move that snow?

Can't explain it - total beater that I cobbled together from parts. Sounds great, plays great, and light as a feather....

The "Centablo"

Centablo1.jpg

How well does it move that snow?

^

It doesn't move it. It melts it.

Mine ('79 LP)

100_0404.jpg

The corner of the bridge, worn off by my hand. It used to be sharp. Complete with blood and a busted string.

Toss up between these 2.

WhiteSpecial.jpg

100_1042.jpg

The vintage German-made Hoyer I own is the one that gets the main spot in my current gig:

2013-06-18%2021.22.02.jpg

Actually, this:

IMG_1761.jpg

Followed closely by this (when I play guitar):

DSC00566_zps9eeff501.jpg

If I can get my Strat tweaked properly it could be a fight, but I've been saying "if I can get my Strat tweaked properly" for three or four years now - it's closer than ever, but I just can't find the time to work on it and, with the Senior available, I'm not particularly motivated.

Right now my Korina Standard from 1995 and my natural 4-digit Standard. They just scream through the Marshall, with the band. Not a bad sound in them. Great necks too.

They cover most stuff, and both got the magic tone. Turn the vol knob down - they caress so sweet. Turn it up to full throttle - sounds like yo mama getting banged, just screams. Never any need to ever fiddle with the amp Controls, they just sound awesome.

For shows: the PRS CE24. It gets a lot of sounds, won't break if I drop it, and stays in tune for a whole set.

Around the house? Been playing the Koa Studio a lot. "New toy" buzz.

A Godin LG I got for tree-fiddy, with hard case. Put some Peter Florance Voodoo P90's in it, Schaller locking tuners, string saver saddles.

Best playing neck ever, and I've owned Hamers, Gibo's, Rics, and Fenders.

Even at retail this guitar is well worth the price.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/GODIN-LG-P90-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-MAHOGANY-NECK-BODY-TRANS-RED-SEYMOUR-DUNCAN-P90-/00/s/NzYwWDExNDA=/z/eW4AAMXQILVSKOQC/$T2eC16JHJGMFFpriykvwBSKOQBszrw~~60_35.JPG

Bass: Still the '83 G & L L-1000 (sunburst w/ maple board)

New backup bass: '84 Peavey Patriot (black w/ maple board)

Guitar: Still the '83 G & L SC-2 hardtail (black w/ maple board, which I sometimes play if someone sits in on bass, in which case they play the Peavey)

Archived