Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Your current #1 guitar?

gtone

So, what is everyone playing right now? My Artist Korina (with Wolfetone P90s) currently has my attention, along with my Melancon Cajun Gentleman (love the TV Jones on this one). I've also been giving a good amount of time to my other Artist, which has Wolfetone HBs and series/parallel wiring. All 3 produce tones that seem to hit my mood perfectly right now.

My #1, right now, is my Gretsch 6129T

G6129TAGFull.jpg

Distinctive tones. Perfect attack. Short-scale. Chambered body. Light weight. Ebony board with thumbnail markers. Ostentatious top.

Unfortunately, all my gear was moved to storage to de-clutter the house while we have it on the market. I kept the one that would be easiest to replace, in case it walks away:

0110502721.jpg

This:

05_zps46c475ce.png

s1374.photobucket.com/user/Flooglemop/media/07_zps476313be.png.html]07_zps476313be.png

Like Han Solo says: "I've made some special modifications to her myself ... She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

I don't have a picture of them yet, but I got five of those Ace Frehley Les Paul Customs (the production version), and I've been playing them... but I haven't been playing much lately either.

Generally, it'd be my '76 Hamer Standard (not a Standard Custom, but with the flame top) or one of my Dean Schenkers (in a custom color).

Armitage_95-Hamer-Standard.jpg

DeanMichaelSchenkerModelBlack.jpg

In my heart its my parts strat. I use it when its a gig that features my stuff or my style bit its ugly and buzzy and rude. The PRS ce22 gets a lot off calls because its dead quiet, good looking, tuning stable. The semi hollow parts tele w area Ts gets a lot of work too

8729297636_99032d83de_c.jpg

My Carvin Fatboy 2 with synth access is getting a bunch of play. I put flat wound strings on it which lets me pull cool jazzbox tones from it, but it can also twang and jangle just fine. The flatwound strings also improve synth tracking. Overall, just a joy to play, and very versatile.

I keep going back to this one. My Chandler 555 purchased from an esteemed member of this board. The finish is original. The bridge, pickups and wiring are not.

Chandler555026.JPG

This one. Not afraid to let the kids strum it, I can drag it on the road without worrying it'll break, and I don't have to worry about banging it into the coffee table.

That's a great attitude. I like guitars that have been beat a bit so I'm not the first to scratch it. I sold off some of my museum pieces because they didn't get played. But for some reason I now have more. By the way, do you have Timber Rattlesnakes in that pile of rock? If not, I can send you a few.

This one. Not afraid to let the kids strum it, I can drag it on the road without worrying it'll break, and I don't have to worry about banging it into the coffee table.

That's a great attitude. I like guitars that have been beat a bit so I'm not the first to scratch it. I sold off some of my museum pieces because they didn't get played. But for some reason I now have more. By the way, do you have Timber Rattlesnakes in that pile of rock? If not, I can send you a few.

I was getting too stressed out when they'd want to play my nice guitars, so I thought it would be easier all around to have a beater.

You can KEEP your rattlers!!!! We have copperheads and timber rattlers in the area, but so far none in the rocks. I'm actually going to move them around this winter to reduce the chances of anyone setting up a nest.

This one. Slight Hameritus. Replaced Nut. Some dings here and there. Oh, but it rocks. It isn't even my favorite feeling guitar. But, for sound, it is special. Even unplugged.

I'm tempted to rewire it to go vol, blend, tone, instead of vol, vol, tone, and maybe do some phase silliness with the 3 way, but I don't want to mess with the pots for fear of changing the tone.

Dan_Solo_1.jpg

This one's out for couple of weeks now.

PICT0039.jpg

It looks like that I'm on a Queen spree at the moment listening to the Queen live 74 Rainbow box set too for a while. However, the guitar can far more than that.

Archived