Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Your current #1 guitar?

gtone

Wish I bonded with those necks, but after buying and selling 5 of them, I know to pass,them up when I find one. Beauty

I keep going back to this one. My Chandler 555 purchased from an esteemed member of this board. The finish is original. The bridge, pickups and wiring are not.

Chandler555026.JPG

My '89 LP Standard has been my go to guitar for a while now when I play:

12697341043_462b01b004_h.jpg

That is a Holy Grail of a LP to me. Just perfect.

Toss up between these two:

More pics of the Firebird.

I'm all Fender. I could really use a Firebird with a Maestro.

image_zps98fca70d.jpg

How's that? ;)

What color is that front one? Quite a looker.

RockRig.jpg

this would work!

I have that cabinet and the 2x12 version as well and never thought to paint the grill. It looks great. Thanks for the idea! I think I might do one of mine red.

I have that cabinet and the 2x12 version as well and never thought to paint the grill. It looks great. Thanks for the idea! I think I might do one of mine red.

Is it painted? I had one that looked just like it that I always thought was paint, but then seeing that one makes me think some came that way.

The Firebird looks to be "Frost Blue" -- color gibson snatched from Buick/Cadillac in the 60's --- Here's my 91 c.s. --- this color fades substantially in sunlight, and most of the ones i've seen at shows (actually only 2) take on a more greenish appearance.IMG_0571.jpgIMG_0570.jpg

Toss up between these two:

More pics of the Firebird.

I'm all Fender. I could really use a Firebird with a Maestro.

image_zps98fca70d.jpg

How's that? ;)

What color is that front one? Quite a looker.

Kerry Green, which is the Gibson version of Fender's Surf Green.

The Firebird looks to be "Frost Blue" -- color gibson snatched from Buick/Cadillac in the 60's --- Here's my 91 c.s. --- this color fades substantially in sunlight, and most of the ones i've seen at shows (actually only 2) take on a more greenish appearance.IMG_0571.jpgIMG_0570.jpg

Mine isn't Frost Blue-I'm familiar with Frost Blue because CMatthes had an identical '91 FBVII to yours in Frost Blue!

I actually have no idea. I bought it when I was 19 and didn't really know shit about guitars beyond:

1. I like Les Pauls.
2. I liked this Les Paul.

That was 15 years ago. I'll admit that I was thinking is sure didn't look like maple when I posted these pics, but until I got into Hamers, I didn't really know enough about the various kinds of maple tops to notice it.

Changes day to day. Today it's a 3 way tie between the Clown Vector, the CS Charvel Star and my trusty Diablo. Tomorrow? Who knows.

jncxpdbv8jxaxe0mzwac.jpg

Giffin Vikta. I loves my Hamers but this is what I'd a designed if someone gave me a blank sheet of paper.

• All mahogany and LIGHT as a cloud
  • Contoured top and back for comfort
  • Chubby neck goes from a soft V at the nut to a round profile at the body
  • I do tend to think a single-cutaway guitar is more solid feeling, more vibration-y. Might be in my head.
  • P90s by Dimarzio
  • Intonatable aluminum TonePros wrap tail
  • Simple V-V-T controls and a selector switch I can reach quickly
  • Straight string pull at headstock, stays in tune
  • Bone nut, nice fretboard, perfect frets
  • As a bonus built by the Baker crew at PBG. Feels solid.

1981_Dean_ML_zpse291cb77.jpg

My 1981 Dean ML is my #1 guitar, mainly because it's a beater so I can leave it out on a stand and not really worry. The pic is a bit deceptive as there was some hackery/butchery done by a previous owner and the eBay seller was, uh, less than honest about it. I won the dispute but decided to keep the guitar, partially because return shipping would have been expensive but mainly because the guitar plays like a bandit. The neck is very comfortable for my wrist (I had wrist surgery years ago and a lot of necks just don't work for me) and I can beat the snot out of it and it still stays in tune. It's a beater. What's not to love?

Archived