Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Final run of Standards, any interest ?

RichRS6

Don't get all excited, this is purely a theoretical exercise but who knows, if enough of us want one then perhaps we could make a good case to FMIC.

I would hope for 20+ orders.

To make it simpler (and more likely to get accepted) just B&C Standards as close (as possible) to the original specs, solid colours and sunburst finishes no weird stuff, lefties or basses (sorry lefties and bass players).

Anyone here want to give me some help in contacting the right people at the factory ?

I would be in for 2.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the Midwest regional sales guy for Fender - he can probably tell me who to contact. I would imagine there are others here that are far better connected though.

Maybe a "(slightly less than a) Million Musicians March" on the headquarters in AZ?

Picture it now, the group of us marching arm-in-arm, chanting and waving Scepters and Scarabs and Vectors as we descend upon the powers that be, demanding justice and the opportunity to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on consumer goods. Makes me swell with HFC pride just thinking about it!

Feynman could put us all up for the weekend.........

To begin with lets try to concentrate on Standards as we would have a better chance of success if we can use Hamers heritage as an angle.

If we can get a dialogue going maybe we could suggest a final batch of other models.

Not sure if using quilted maple would be any different construction wise to book matched maple.

Just trying to keep it simple, if the specs are all the same the price will be simpler to calculate per unit for them (and us).

So I'm in for 2 possibly 4 now (I think I can move another 2 easily).

If we can get this done and you're really serious (and there would be a sizeable deposit involved not paid to me) add yourself to the list.

RichRS6. 4.

And therein lies the problem. Only to post #4 and already two guys want something special.

LOL! Yep. And when the rubber hits the road, the price will be prohibitive for everyone involved.

I'd be interested in a 'plain-jane' Mahogany Standard, NO PICKGUARD, no "bound-n-crowned" stuff, no hamer-itis. Just real-NICE wood, clearcoat, and a dead-perfect setup with correctly dressed medium-jumbo frets.

If you told me I had to take one similar to the one on the cover of "the Book", I'd say - "okay".

I don't think Rich is pitching this as a "custom order" deal, just a short run of regular-style production guitars. That's the headspace you have to inhabit, you can't look at this as a custom order.

Not for me, but good luck with the endeavor.

Please someone tell me this is impossible and it will never happen so I can shut tfu up move on !!

Until then I'd like to see what interest there would be so I can actually approach someone at Kamen/Hamer/FMIC or whoever is in the driving seat right now.

As for the cost I would like to think that a bulk order of this this sort could actually reduce the costs per unit.

I personally am not doing this to make any profit (at the moment but if I have to I will). :lol:

I would like the price to be around $3000 which is a lot less than the going rate for an old 4 Digit.

What was the last actual retail price of a Standard custom ?

How much mark up do retailers put on guitars these days?

In all honesty you should start with a dealer who can put the bug in someones ear. Layout the specs, offer a couple colors options and a price then offer it up. I know if I had my choice it would not be Standard, but if it was a one last run or an HFC Last Run I would Sell my 4 digit and buy in.

Kind of hoping one of the HFC big wigs or previous Hamer dealers from the forum will be up for handling the final approach, please chime in if you're out there.

Just trying to get an idea of numbers first.

Maybe there is interest for other models as well? Hamer might make a final run of 2 or 3 different models. Just saying, it would be cool to see a "final run of" but it would be disappointing if it were for a model I wasn't particularly interested in. Food for thought...

Maybe Elduave can run this up the proverbial flagpole at Hamer...

I would like the price to be around $3000 which is a lot less than the going rate for an old 4 Digit.

What was the last actual retail price of a Standard custom ?

How much mark up do retailers put on guitars these days?

What you're not taking into account is the price that would make it worthwhile for FMIC to do something like this. That's the X-factor here, which is why I said earlier that it would probably be cost prohibitive for everyone involved. Market values mean nothing in this particular situation.

I would be in for

• Standard (crown or dots)
  • Bookmatched maple top, natural or sunburst
  • Regular ol' binding
  • Nothing crazy, no exotic woods or nutty pickups
  • Ideally somehow delineated as HFC run with the serial number, like "HFC 000, HFC 001 etc."
  • Three thousand bucks

The odds of getting more than two HFCers to agree on specs AND pony up the cash are basically zero. Add to that FMIC's interest in the project as a revenue source, and it ain't gonna happen. Possibly if the builders here on the board supported it but still. Seems like a pipe dream.

Nice idea, but........

Nice idea, but........

Hate to agree with such a depressing sentiment but +1

Okay, let the rain clouds open:

No way in hell this happens. I'd be surprised if you even found a dealer willing to spend time and effort (two things most businesspeople absolutely cannot afford to waste) on such a fruitless endeavor.

Archived