Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Have you ever purchased a brand new Hamer? A Custom order?

Feynman

Curious  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I bought 3 used guitars which were custom orders for other people, and I've still got them all and will likely keep them. I've purchased 4 new guitars from guitar shops. I've lost count of the other used guitars I've purchased over the last 15 years. I'll figure it out one of these days. I was thinking earlier today, that even though I don't play that much guitar anymore (I'm more of a bass player these days), I could probably pare down to 6 guitars and 4 basses and be just fine! I'll start a 4 sale thread soon. :)

When you do I want first shot at the gold top B4M, I would love to have it back.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only ever bought 2 new guitars.

An Ibanez Les Paul in 1978 or so and a Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop In 1979 (£624.00, I have the receipt still).

I never had the money up till a few years ago to consider new guitars and custom orders would have even further out of my reach.

New B8A and B12A, plus custom 88 Chap at my house over the years

....and around 100 used Hamers.

Tried two other custom bass orders but they never got done due to dealer BS and Hamer "no/yes/maybe/not right now" on requested options.

Yes

Yes

Yes

I've bought one used (sort of), one new.

Back in 1986, I bought a pink SS that had been recovered from a music store heist. The store got their insurance money and the guitars (about a dozen Hamers) were auctioned off. My friend's dad won the auction, and I got my SS at 50% of the store's original price. It had a few dings and scuffs but was perfectly playable.

I supposed it wasn't used, just lightly damaged from the theft.

Then, in 2000, I walked into a store hoping to find a TV yellow P90 Special that had been there forever. Sadly it was gone, but there was a NOS 98 Phantom Custom sitting there. It reminded me of my long-gone SS, I plugged it in, and there was that tone! Bought it on the spot.

Jim

I have an order in for a Newman60 and a Northfield Bm.

Both in Saturday Special Trim.

Shhhhh, don't tell FMIC.

Archived