Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Stolen guitars alert

carfish7

Ted,

Best of luck to you and your family in getting back your stuff and a return to normalcy. It burns me up when this kind of crap happens to good people.

Know that you have a lot of positive vibes coming from all of us here.

Reading about this makes me sick to my stomach. Personal space invaded, personal items taken. A friend of mine had a similar issue where his house's doors and windows were being tampered with. He set up a couple of cameras and caught the next door (well, he's in the country so down the road a piece) neighbors kids breaking in a short time later.

This sucks, Ted. I've hardened my house some (it's not the best neighborhood) and mostly work at home, but if somebody watched the pattern of our comings and goings, we could still get hit.

Hope that the guitars (and everything else) show up in a pawnshop, Craigslist, or similar.

I'm willing to chip in for Kiz's plane ticket. Oh, and I'll supply the ammo.

Kiz doesn't require ammo...

Sorry to hear about this Ted.

I will keep my eye's open here in the south metro for you.

If you have pic's & serial numbers of the stuff stolen take copies to the local music, pawn and thrift/consignment stores in your area. If was it was someone local there not going to far to try and unloaded the stuff.

Sometimes you have to remind some of these places to do the right thing.

We had a kid in the neighborhood who was breaking into car's & houses but like a stupid idiot he got caught by a home owner and his 2 German shepherds. They found some of the stolen property at the pawn shop by Canterbury Downs.

Pray for a quick end to this for you and your family Ted.

Carl B

Once we find him we shall unleash Kiz with an address and a plane ticket. He will take it from there, no need for the authorities.

This made me chuckle until I read on and saw that it was Ted's gear.

Now I'm pissed and am making myself available for an impromptu flight to Minnesota.

I have sent descriptions and serial#s to all local guitar shops, all local GC's, and the Pawn shops too. They will have a tough time unloading them at any kind of establishment locally for sure.

Kiz, I'll pick you up at the airport. In a long black sedan. Gunny sacks and appropriate beating tools in the trunk........ :ph34r:

Hey Ted,

Hang in there. This is a bad thing, and no one in your house "deserved" it in any way. The jerks who did it will be caught, and with any luck the "stuff" will come home. If not, as you said it is just "stuff" and really, not important. Annoying and deeply disturbing? Hell yes, but the important things - you and your family - are OK. They make new "stuff" every day.

We are all pulling for you and your family. Let us know if we can help in any way. We are your friends, and want to help.

It damn looks like you had been in focus for whatever reason. Then there is no chance to avoid this. It appears to me like a chain of incidents starting at your son. It might be the same guys who kicked him had followed him to his home. Just my speculation. Anyways, it's nice to hear everyone is fine.

I have to agree with this here ^^^^^^^

Ted, if you need anything,

let me know.

A guitar,

A Glock,

just let me know.

I will make it happen.

Kiz, i think that before going to Minnessota, Jay has a beautiful guitar for you to bring to that party :D

German guitars are some times the best!! :D

Best of luck, Ted.

I want to thank Carfish for this one and admit that I am the friend he was talking about. Its been a hard 3 weeks here at our house.

This story is probably one for the outer circle but in that time my son was jumped by 6 kids outside a football game and they while the didnt get his bike for holding on for deal life they went in his pockets while kicking him and punching him on the ground and grabbed his samsung galaxy s III. The feeling of having your child having to deal with that is very hard and I was on edge for a while

A week and a half later our house was broken into and they grabbed the small stuff. ipads, money, etc. Pretty much all you could carry in a back pack. I took precautions immediately and started securing the doors with new locks and 3 foot steel bars in the door jams and stayed home from work the rest of that week knowing they they had seen what was there.

Feeling better I went to work this morning and got a call from my wife who was in tears saying they broke in and got your guitars. 7 gone in all along with almost everything else of value in the house. imac, home server, hard drives you name it. They had pried open a basement window. I have since screwed all of them shut.

3 police reports later its hard to keep my chin up right now but everyone is ok and things are replaceable. I live in a great neighborhood and am not going anywhere. Still insurance is saying 2500 deductible PER incident so its a hard hit.

I so very much appreciate the real friends I have here.

Have you tried any of the Apple means to track your devices? http://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html Not sure if the Galaxy has that too. I'd guess that the jerks who got your kid's phone looked at his GPS history, maybe found some pics of your gear and other valuables at home, and put two and two together. You could also try your cell phone provider or ISP, they might be able to discover something.

Good luck!

MarkB

Damn sad to read this kind of crap.

I agree with the above though. Finding the guys that attacked your son will lead you to the burglars I bet. As above, can you call his phone or track it in anyway?

Digital cam on back of the house and front door soon.

I want to thank Carfish for this one and admit that I am the friend he was talking about. Its been a hard 3 weeks here at our house.

This story is probably one for the outer circle but in that time my son was jumped by 6 kids outside a football game and they while the didnt get his bike for holding on for deal life they went in his pockets while kicking him and punching him on the ground and grabbed his samsung galaxy s III. The feeling of having your child having to deal with that is very hard and I was on edge for a while

A week and a half later our house was broken into and they grabbed the small stuff. ipads, money, etc. Pretty much all you could carry in a back pack. I took precautions immediately and started securing the doors with new locks and 3 foot steel bars in the door jams and stayed home from work the rest of that week knowing they they had seen what was there.

Feeling better I went to work this morning and got a call from my wife who was in tears saying they broke in and got your guitars. 7 gone in all along with almost everything else of value in the house. imac, home server, hard drives you name it. They had pried open a basement window. I have since screwed all of them shut.

3 police reports later its hard to keep my chin up right now but everyone is ok and things are replaceable. I live in a great neighborhood and am not going anywhere. Still insurance is saying 2500 deductible PER incident so its a hard hit.

I so very much appreciate the real friends I have here.

Have you tried any of the Apple means to track your devices? http://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html Not sure if the Galaxy has that too. I'd guess that the jerks who got your kid's phone looked at his GPS history, maybe found some pics of your gear and other valuables at home, and put two and two together. You could also try your cell phone provider or ISP, they might be able to discover something.

Good luck!

MarkB

I actually installed prey on my daughters machine after the first incident. its supposed to take pictures and the same but the problem with all of them is that they need to connect to the internet to be triggered. At this point nothing, I think that the criminals are smarter than that at this point unfortunately.

Archived