Hamer Fan Club Message Center

83' Sunburst - Prices increasing or decreasing?

Craig S

+1! I got a helluva deal on a semi-vintage amp last year on FeeBay around Thanksgiving...because nobody else seemed to be buying or was interested...or simply didn't have the cash to spare during the Holidays. I couldn't have found a better deal any other time. B) Like Bubs said, it's a lousy time of year to sell. That doesn't necessarily translate to deep discounts when buying from dealers and shops, though.

mostly theyve gone down & have come back some , seems like asking prices have come back more than actual sales have . depends on the piece in question though. I think high end vintage stuff is down & the 70s, 80s stuff is rising. I'm just an observer though , not flush enough for the high end & have enough stuff left over from the 70s & 80s

One thing that I have noticed, is that asking and/or starting prices for gear on FeeBay seems to have climbed, since FeeBay started their "free" listing strategy. Sellers keep selling the same old thing week after week for the same high price, trying to get a buyer to bite...and since there's no money involved with an item that doesn't sell, sellers just keep trying. They'll only reduce the price when they get tired of listing, or get hard up for the cash.

One thing that I have noticed, is that asking and/or starting prices for gear on FeeBay seems to have climbed, since FeeBay started their "free" listing strategy. Sellers keep selling the same old thing week after week for the same high price, trying to get a buyer to bite...and since there's no money involved with an item that doesn't sell, sellers just keep trying. They'll only reduce the price when they get tired of listing, or get hard up for the cash.

Exactly! I know it influenced my selling of golf related gear, but I'm out of that now. I would just undercut there inflated prices and had no trouble selling. I follow a couple of boutique amp lines still on eBay and also noticed prices are up and quantity are down with slow

Prices have been dropping for the last 5 years.

A lot of people bought high, and will likely keep their stuff a good long time, or sell at a loss

I pay more than most would for the guitars I buy. I'll have to keep them longer to enjoy a return on my investment. Thank God I could care less about that. Many of the guitars I own I own because I paid more than anyone else would. Kizanski will tell you that I'm crazy and pay crazy prices. He'll also tell you he'd pay what I pay to get back the guitars he's sold me. Some of 'em anyway. Buy high and never sell. That's my motto.

Archived