Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Time To Sell----Yet Again

So, as long as I am on a roll, why not post these here before elsewhere?

IMG_04421_zps40fa54f1.jpg

IMG_03861_zpsdc292cd7.jpg

So, here is a TENTATIVE, as something is in play. Situation.......The Tigers Eye is pretty much the fully tricked out "NAMM" sorta thing. The sunburst has been upgraded to Lollar Imperials.....I like the sound of those in this guitar better than the stock. The former was way over the top, cost wise. Having paid up for bling, I might as well keep it. Before the end of the week I will probably have decided to swap pups and sell the sunburst (returned to stock). That being the case, I am thinking $1800 net would be right in there, market-wise.

IMG_04331_zpsae33e108.jpg

IMG_04321_zpsaacd1f15.jpg

IMG_04311_zps9f255983.jpg

Turner Model One. SOLD........Yep, get your L Buckingham on. This is the chambered version, pretty much fully tricked out with the usual rotating pup, piezo, blend, built-in 18 volt "boost/active tone" circuit, as well as coil split and wood upgrades. I do have two friends that have been interested for a while, but time passes and neither has sealed the deal. Netting $3200 seems in the ballpark, given the market (small as it might be). See:

http://store.heartbreakerguitars.com/Rick-Turner-_c_13.html

IMG_0457_zps3f870cd0.jpg

IMG_0458_zpsda69aaa2.jpg

G&L Legacy Swamp ash, pretty much exactly what I think a "Strat" should be. But such guitars never quite "do it" for me. Maybe I should just buckle down and LEARN how to play one. Novel concept, that. Has a heavy duty gig bag, no HSC. I would like to think $750 net is not out of line.

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

G&L Comanche Speaking of "Strats" not doing it for me. Bought this one new. It was going to be "the one". List, IIRC, was $3500 or thereabouts. Will get my butt handed to me here. Asking $1250 net.

Feel free to ask about anything I have posted. And, yes, I DO know I could stand an intervention. But I have a wife that is a saint (as long as I keep the excess from spilling out into HER areas).

Thank the stars above that you are NOT trying to sell the tiger eye Talladega Pro right now. After the lump cleared in my throat when I first read this posting - for a moment there I thought I was going to have to tell my wife that I'd bought another one - that thing is stunning.

Disposable income? Consider it DISPOSED!

It would probably be prudent to simply sell the Tigers Eye. But there is the psyche of the sunk costs for that fancy top, headstock and Brazilian. There is a reluctance to recognize that big a loss, so you are probably safe Boomerang!

I have a wife that is a saint (as long as I keep the excess from spilling out into HER areas).

I'm not buying!

You caught her with another guy or you gotta be holdin' something else over her head.

I've got a few buddies who make HUGE money, and even they would be takin' crap for bringing all this stuff home.

GLWTSs ;)

The secret is to buy a big enough house----Or at least one with spaces to hide the gear..... AND schedule the deliveries for when she is at the gym!

Separate bank accounts works too.

I've used this excuse before but my daughter starts college next year, so as much as I'd like to have a couple of those, I'll leave them for others. Nice guitars!

Good luck with your sale!

Wait! My daughter starts college next year, as well... that means I'm not supposed to be buying things?

Oh my...

One of the things I will definitely be keeping as the smoke clears will be a "Special" with korina body and neck, plus Brazilian board. It does NOT have the Hamer name on the headstock, so I think you are safe. I am still deciding whether the korina Hamer Jr, acquired here recently, will also be a longer term keeper.

I really need to move some things out the door before I reconsider much else.

Not that all of the above (including the first thread) isn't gorgeous / impressive / more-than-enough / spectacular / (etc.), but wasn't there mention [perhaps rumor] of at least one ES-3**? Is it the black one?

There was also mention some time back of a certain Hamer from the golden year of '82... would love to know if that will be coming available. :wub:

I still DO have a blonde 335. Someone locally is on me for that one, but I am hesitant. I mean it IS a three three damn five. And I like it above any other I have played/

I did have a black and gold ES-347. Posted here at my last "purge" and made a trade here a while ago involving a 25th Anniversary Ltd. It was hard to let "Lucille" go!

As to others (1982?) let me see what pops next.......I have several things posted here as well as locally and amongst some friends......Too many inquiries to keep any more straight. But I will make a note to get in touch when that comes around.

Ah, the 347 was the one. I guess I missed that or (more likely) was broke when it came up and blocked it's availability from consciousness so as to maintain sanity.

My recollection was the 335 was the Rick Astley guitar ('never gonna give you up... never gonna say goodbye')... Hmmm...

I'll be patient... sort of... :lol:

Django, your collection is gorgeous...

I could not agree more - stunning. And great pictures too! What camera are you using? Good luck with your sale.

Thanks......I am NOT a photographer. I have a Canon T3i DSLR with an 18-135 lens. Those are all handheld without special lighting.....I guess the "autostabilizer" makes me look like I know what I am doing.

Archived