Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Is C# the less "guitar-friendly" key?

zorrow

I'm with Dragan. I have (had) guitars tuned to different keys so I can play the standard "E" chords and not have the learning curve. The one exception was one tuned to open G. That was weird.

Did you sell that guitar? Was it the white Daytona? :)

If you are asking about the guitar I tune to open G then no, I'll never sell that one. It's my acoustic Melancon one off. But I did sell the "white" Daytona to a fellow board member. By the way, my open G tuning is DBDGBD. It's really pretty on an acoustic.

Ha!

Bm

Bm!? No way! With B, D, E, G and A in the Bm scale, you get pedal-friendly open notes in every string belonging to the key! OK, wait a minute... you're kidding and I didn't get it, right? :-)

As someone who grew up playing low brass, almost every piece we saw was in a flat key. People got bitchy when we'd have a piece in G, and riots would break out if you had any more sharps than that(like D, OMG)!

Playing bass I never cared. Now that I'm playing jazzier stuff on geeeetar and having to learn more chords, certain keys will give me fits ;)

Isn't Monkey Man in C#?

I don't know, but "Day of the Eagle" is.

...as well as my brother's "Rock in C#" -for computer programming nerds out here, it is indeed related to .NET/C# programming, and the voice over in the middle section is Anders Hersberg's himself:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8033493/pastelix-csharp.mp3

Archived