Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Whadja Get?

Hamerhack

A stack of classic Blu-rays (Caddyshack, Animal House, Airplane, The Bubs Jerk, etc....) AND Sennheiser HD600 headphones. My wife rarely hits one out of the park like that.

Plus, my possibly-future-son-in-law got me a remote control car that launches missiles. F**k yeah. I'm startin' to like that kid.

Music related:

I got money towards a soon-to-be-revealed ROWYCO Kustoms finish job...

Also, a GREAT Couch strap (THANKS, Tombo!), a Johnny Marr Souldier strap, The Guitar Aficionado book, a FilterTron pickup, the Big Star Documentary DVD...

I treated myself to the bengal Jackson DK1, completed most the mods on the LP and am preparing to box up the Vector for some Murkat and Stike magic. That's a merry f-ing X-mas if I ever had one! :D

Very cool! I have been playing with the theremin my wife gave me... then the flu got me.

So now it's time to play:

theraflu-flu-and-sore-throat-front.jpg

"I didn't get nuttin', I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage."

Guess you gotta be a Portland native to pick up the tradition......

Well, actually, I DID trip over THIS.......A great little grab and go for the Group W bench.

SpaceTone_zpsa88a73cf.jpg

Got a Ditto Looper pedal, and some kind of DJ wikki wikki thing for the iPad. Bro in law surprised the heck out of me with the Hamer book, which is odd as he's not a guitar man at all & I wouldn't think something like that would even be on his radar. I already had my copy, so I lied about not having a copy, omgosh thank you & regifted it to a guitar playing buddy of mine hush hush like. Cuz it's the thought that counts, right?

The best thing, gear-wise, was finally getting my Sunburst the way I want it just before the holidays. Also, my mother-in-law gave me some cash with instructions to spend it on myself, so I ordered an EH Soul Food from MF. Ship date isn't until 1/14, but I'll finally be able to see what all the Klon buzz is about.

Non-gear, I got a pair of lambskin moccasins for around the house. Comfy. Also, in tune with the "keeping warm" theme, a pair of flannel-lined jeans. Why have I never head of these before!?! I'll be wearing them all next week, when it's supposed to be 0-15 F the whole time.

Got several presents, all really cool, but just two were music-related:

- Nightwish new live album with Floor Jansen

- AKG K240 Studio headphones

My brother bought me a Levy's checkerboard strap for the new-to-me Cruisebass, a tort pickguard for my Fender P and another Hercules stand with a bonus headstock cradle.

I also got the "Star Guitars" book (but sadly, not "The Ultimate") and the Rush Clockwork Angels concert BluRay.

Five shirts and two pairs of pants for work. Socks and underwear too. DIdn't need shoes. Tax season is comin'. I don't know how this tradition started, but it seems to me these "presents" should just be shit I get shopping at the mall in January. My wife is so smart!

Archived