Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Whadja Get?

Hamerhack

^^^^

We need to see more.

Pics and full tone report will come in 2014. Consider this a cliff hanger until the next season of... ...Hamer owners gone awry.

Banjo pic!

PC258551.JPG

Proof that I'm developing all of my father's mannerisms. I look at this picture and all I see is him, but with more hair for the same age. That and he doesn't play any musical instruments.

Just a few days of learning some finger-picking rolls (thanks, YouTube!) translated incredibly well to the guitar, especially for fingerpicking chords on the 2-5 strings. I spent a fair amount of time learning some finger-picking on guitar this past year, and each instrument looks like it will feed the other. We'll see!

My boy Henry in the background there received a fine Fender acoustic:

PC258546.JPG

He's come a long way in the last year, teaching himself and playing with the local youth group on the occasional weekend.

• 11 months later...

Ironic or coincidental? My 2013 post here listed a bengal DK1 which I sold a few months back. And it's been replaced with an even better (IMO) bolt on shredder- an

89 Cali LE with Stike painted bengal graphic. Life is strange but in a good way. :D

iPhones for the family. I got the iphone 6 with 64 gb and the rest of the ik multimedia amps for the iphone. My son got the 6 plus which is like a mini tablet for him, wife got a 16gb 6 and my daughter got the 5s with 32 gb. Happy kids. Nice to finally have a smart phone. None of us have had one till now.

"Whadya Get?" "I had to pay $20 and pick up the garbage".

Ah well, after selling off some really nice parts of the collection recently (and soon) I suppose I can justify adding SOMETHING.

My family bought me an engraved BlueChip pick. Love it.

Best of all, my 13 year old daughter took it upon herself to learn ukulele (she's already a capable violinist), and led us through several carols. We spent Christmas afternoon calling relatives and singing at them, even my 16 year old son, who normally avoids singing. My wife bought me a cocktail shaker that leaks terribly, but has a cap with a wonderful ringing tone when struck, which was lovely for "silver bells." So for Christmas, we became a family band with my daughter on uke and my wife on lead cocktail shaker. Awesome.

Archived