Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Whadja Get?

Hamerhack

A set of Fender CS '69 Strat p'ups, a book on the history of Gibson Lap Steel guitars (I didn't know Gibson even made lap steels), and a Squier CV Thinline Tele that I drunk bid on last Saturday night and ended up winning on Monday (surprisingly good sounding and playable for the price).

Rogue beater bar and some bumper plates, shifters for my beater mountain bike project, a Kershaw Black Blur and a Leatherman Sidekick!

Also, a really great seasonal email in German from HFCer Capridriver! Thanks, Google Translate!

I'z a gooboy! :D

Musically my youngest son's gift was TrueFires Andy Timmons Electric Expression.

Hamerica

Cowboy hat.

And my wife surprised me with some Ibanez Paul Gilbert love ordered with the case from our local mom and pop. They do like to see her come through the door in early December:

PC279402_zps0b14cc07.jpg

Love the three-piece neck. Neat idea. It's pretty beefy and also feels a little wide, but in a good way. Like there's more room to grab the strings.

PC279400_zpsa4310036.jpg

And the Dimarzio Injectors / Area 67s. Fun!

PC279393_zpsa1893279.jpg

Wife got me towels. I may be reading too much into it, but I think she wants me to go hitchhiking.

The kids and I watched it again over the long weekend when they realized Martin Freeman played Arthur.

As fun as the books were, as much as I enjoy Zoeey, and as star-studded as the cast was, it was a pretty mediocre flick.

Wife got me towels. I may be reading too much into it, but I think she wants me to go hitchhiking.

The movie left me cold, but the books were a scream. It might have been four years of 24/7 exposure to Brits, but that certainly helped me to get the humor.

I got an 8 day funeral punctuated by a day of Christmas. My family has a multi-generational tradition of doing important stuff (being born, dying, getting married, etc. around various holidays) and they didn't disappoint this year. Oh and about 3 lbs of a St. Louis local delicacy, toasted ravioli.

18 Year old Scotch

A healthy gift certificate to a good cigar shop

A case of wine for the cellar

golf shirts

some cash/gift certs.

Oh, and a self-present trip to BCR for a Hamer USA collared shop-shirt and a terrific VOX guitar headphone amp/pedal.

1. The last roll of black and white checkered Tolex MojoTone had in their inventory :) . Thank you Chris for steering me to them.

2. OK - I am fully aware these guitars are aesthetically even more polarizing than Kahler's are in their own right :) , but hey, I think they are cool as hell. Also, two of my friends who have played them swear their overall build quality and attention to detail is on par with Hamer's. They also loved the way they played and said they were insanely resonant unplugged. This is a very nice seller who gave me a great deal on it - we'll see on the build quality part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSIC-MAN-ARMADA-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-LES-PAUL-TONE-PRICE-REDUCTION-THIS-IS-A-DEAL-/261665984806?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Q3xe%252BO3gaCng5JeptvvOo2VX9q8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Side note: the seller plays in a local band with Dudley Gimpel, who is having him signed the inside of the access cover - which is a cool freebie (There are a few YouTube videos of them playing together to prove it!). I also got the impression Dudley may have assisted him "selecting" this one. Tracking shows it will arrive here Friday. I'm a bit worried - this entire region has been cold as all get out for the past few days.

I'll have a NGD thread sometime this weekend after it sits and acclimates. I'll also be selling my V.O. Phantom Custom an amp to make room for this one. That will get posted FS this weekend as well.

I did a Griswald amount of friggin' driving (~1700 miles), but overall it was a great Christmas for the family.

We are (I am) very blessed.

Archived