Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Forget the no buy list. Whats your on your hit list for 2014.

zzzdat

For me the only Hamers would be an orange sparkle Newport Pro with a Bigsby, a nice Korina Jr, a newer Phantom in a unique color or any super desirable tree fiddy type deal.

I want to find a Reverend orange dot neck Ron Ashton V.

A newer Jeff Beck white strat just because.

These are atainable to me.

The inprobable and not likely to get because of price unless I just get lucky, go insane and loose all fiscal reponsibility or win the lotto are:

Gretsch White Falcon and a Huber Krauster II.

Cool Beans

Gene

Hmm. This is gonna come back to bite me in the ass saying this but: nothing that I can think of at this time.

Seriously. Consider: I just acquired the Vector and am getting that Murkat/Stike-ed , just purchased the Bengal Dinky DK1, am poised to purchase another Cali LE :ph34r: and I have a custom ordered Jackson Star due in March.

I suppose if that doesn't keep my GAS sated, there's always the PRS CU24 with Floyd to consider. :lol:

I am trying to get that custom shop double neck I spotted recently...

Than there would be a Tally. And a Monaco III. And a real hard, mean f***ing teeth operation which will cost more than all these guitars alltogether, so I guess I will take that "No buy"-challenge for 2014 (after that double neck...;-) )

Having just gotten my Strat back together (thread pending), I really think I'm set for guitars for the moment. My [drummer] son is pressing for a guitar and what he's focusing in on is an 80's special - he concluded the small neck that bugged me would be perfect for him! Good idea! So we might have to grab one if a player-condition piece comes up for cheap.

For me, I really think this will be the year to build a 5F4 Tweed Super. I've almost put away enough cash, but I'll need to go over and above so that I can be prepared if and when an inexpensive Special comes up for the son.

I've got a few projects that will get finished up (hopefully!!) in 2014. At least one Hamer in the bunch.

As far as "new" new...I might have something kicking around.

Aside from that, I'd love to snag a nice Bigsby'd Newport or Marr Jaguar.

I don't know... I just got me a vintage Hoyer 5069S shipped to Gorch's, so I'll have a guitar of my own when I'll be in Frankfurt next March.

The problem is that, after getting this Hoyer, my GAS seems to have calmed down.

I just have one "Holy Grail" I'm still hunting around, which would be a Hoyer Super 82. However, those are so rare I have no idea if I'll ever be able to find one. Maybe I'll ask Jay to build me a copy... or maybe I'll just get inspired by the Super 82 and ask him to build me a custom to my specs. We'll see...

I've got a few projects that will get finished up (hopefully!!) in 2014. At least one Hamer in the bunch.

As far as "new" new...I might have something kicking around.

Aside from that, I'd love to snag a nice Bigsby'd Newport or Marr Jaguar.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Marr Jaguar.

As for me 2014 I should have Phantom Redux #2 completed, I would like to add a Daytona and a T51. The Talladega is always on my mind.

I still gotta move out another 6 or 8. THEN I might take a second look at a few other Hamers to sell. However, someone put into my head the idea of a Fibenare Erotic. Not sure if I am THERE yet, but it merits investigation.

This thread is way more fun than the buy no guitar thread!

I'll take delivery of a Lentz Reserve Strat in the spring.

Working on a Collings SoCo.

If its a good year I'll try to get any Huber (other than a 1 pup model).

If its a really good year, I'll try to buy anyyhing Django posts for sale!

However, someone put into my head the idea of a Fibenare Erotic. Not sure if I am THERE yet, but it merits investigation.

If you're going to consider something that ugly, you may as well go for a Jon Kammerer a save a few grand.

Point well taken! Having recently plugged into a more conventional Fibenare, I decided it was one of the best take offs on a "Les Paul" type I have ever played. And some makers just ARE even better than the sum of their parts......Just naturally gets my curiosity running as to what their other "unique" offerings might hold in store. I am definitely NOT there yet.

Guitar wise I've got a tele, a strat, and a std (and maybe a Jazz bass) on my wish list - plus a nice Jazz Guitar (Gibson or An old Ibanez Benson). I want a really nice midi controller (Keyboard) more recording software/hardware, a couple of pedals maybe ----- a few new mics....

And drums -- real drums.

We are in the middle of construction of our new roasting facility (with new cafe and commercial bakery) and I'm fantasizing about the roasting warehouse as a band space.... Just might happen.

Archived