Hamer Fan Club Message Center

" Working Man Guitar "

Us made, quality parts/construction, under a grand? Larrivee RS-2 with soapbars. A great example of minimalist greatness. The cutaway is a little differently shaped, but I love it. Excellent bang for the buck. Bought one of the early models used for 600 (CAD).

Back at home, I humbly submit these two quickly cobbled images: WMG 1

WMG1_zps6b4be5c9.jpg

WMG 2

WMG2_zps50d68340.jpg

They could have used some blending, but I figure you either like this or don't and no amount of additional editing would do anything to promote the concept...

I tend to agree the full on hockey stick just looks to much like a foot on the end of a guitar. Just like it better when the form flows better than suddenly jutting off at the end.

Wouldn't have a problem putting a deposit down if it was a prototype style body tripple coil and maybe a p90 in the neck especially if I could get it in white like the phanton gt on the info page. Heck I would put a grand on the table sans guitar if it helped get the ball rolling.

The cost difference for a fingerboard is minimal.

If Serial had a photo of a Californian (I don't recall ever seeing one), I'd be glad to cobble that together. It's much simpler using his photos as they are incredibly consistent.

The Californian has a certainly less radical headstock and might be more generally appealing.

He did and does!

• 5 weeks later...

How about this

http://www.chapmanguitars.co.uk

This guy started on YouTube teaching and stuff, got a shit load of followers then decided

To let his followers vote on what they wanted in a guitar. He got them made in China then

Recently made in Korea , he's still doing it (see link).

Seems like a great model for a business to me.

i would interested to see what a vote here would produce?

Geoff

How about this

http://www.chapmanguitars.co.uk

This guy started on YouTube teaching and stuff, got a shit load of followers then decided

To let his followers vote on what they wanted in a guitar. He got them made in China then

Recently made in Korea , he's still doing it (see link).

Seems like a great model for a business to me.

i would interested to see what a vote here would produce?

Geoff

You lost me at China.

You lost me at China.

As discussed recently on another post,

I can get all the Hamer USA guitars I want.

Custom made to my specifications in China.

No thanks.

Not at all interested.

Archived