Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anyone thinking of selling a Triple Threat?

I reckon that is the one I picked up from you. I still think it is the best sounding Hamer I have ever played. Which caused me to ship off the one I had before to sunny California. Of course that means it is going to be here a LONG time.

Good luck in the search!

I promise to post pics when it arrives.

Ok, we are going to hold you to that. Congrats again, I was lusting over the one on Ebay. I also know how you feel about not posting pics before its in your clutches. I have a guitar on hold that I'm picking up this week and don't want to jinx it by premature pixilation! :blink:

Insane on so many levels. The top, the color...just amazing!

No, your avatar is insane, sw686blue. The guitar is pretty fookin' cool, though :lol:

Best one of the entire run!

I'm not sure if the seller wants to be identified, so I'll let him do that if he chooses, but I want to thank him not only for agreeing to sell, but for expert packing and just about instant delivery. He's an active long-term member here and a true gentleman.

It does have victory inlays, but I'm going to live with that. Hamer's equivalent of "boney knees" I guess. I suspect Hamer had a stockpile of premium grade mahogany that was used on this run. That's the only explaination I can think of for the sub 8 lb. weight. The top is incredible and the workmanship is Hamer's best.

To answer Tonefiend: The differences between the TT and a stock Studio are the one-piece neck, greater headstock angle and unique neck carve that leaves much more wood just above the neck joint. I think the latter has the greatest impact on the sound. I notice a deeper, woodier tone that's particulary strong above the 12th fret. I also believe that the necks and bodies resonate a bit more due to higher grade wood.

Now, off to Jay to have boomers and Kahler installed, then to Stike for a purple sparkle paint job!

Archived