Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Now SOLD. 2001 Hamer Studio Custom in 59 Burst, bound and crowned. Has stock Duncan JB bridge and ’59 neck pickups. The bridge volume control is wired with a pull pot for coil splitting the bridge. (I am including the two Hamer CTS pots that Kim Keller sent me a few years ago when I was planning to return the bridge volume pot back to stock.) $1300 shipped and Paypaled (CONUS). Price drop to $1200. SOLD.

Condition is excellent, overall, with some of the small indentations that commonly are light signs of wear. There is one noticeable indentation on the back of the neck at the 5th fret. It is just an indentation, and did not go through the finish, just lightly dented it. At any rate, I’ve attempted to capture get it on camera for full disclosure. Otherwise, the finish shines up nice and glossy, as you can see in the pics. I’ve never gigged this guitar, and only used it for recording and playing at home. Don’t know about the previous owner.

Vintage carve on the neck. Feels a little rounder than the one on my Standard. Frets in great shape. Bridge saddles are graphtech. I tried to capture the true color of the guitar, which is a bit more faded orange burst than a traditional cherry burst. One unsual thing on this guitar is the Schaller tuners; there are no small screws attaching them to the headstock. It appears to be some kind of “screwless” variation of the Schaller. I’ve never seen them before, and always thought they look kind of cool and unusual when I would look at the back of the headstock. Anyway, thought I’d mention it, and include a pic.

Other than all that, it’s the great playing and sounding guitar that you’d expect from a Hamer. It has served me very well but I find I rarely play it much these days. Let me know if I can supply any more useful info. Thanks for looking.

Hamergloss_zpsc63b6e0f.jpg

Hamerstand_zpsf58791ca.jpg

Hamerrear_zps003c3717.jpg

Hamerhdstkrear_zps02dc938f.jpg

Hamerneck_zps68e8a89e.jpg

Hamercase_zps4b84cb45.jpg

Hamerangle_zps8a29a1f4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Love it. Not in a position to start collecting multiples of the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived