Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I wondered that same thing about the finish................I see no transparency...............remember this one?20a2cjs.jpg finish looks VERY different.Here Is the link to that guitars Ebay auction.http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Hamer-Sunburst-/331110103251?pt=Guitar&hash=item4d17b338d3&nma=true&si=MVU2Vjk8TGQSDmRDWQ0ko8AxMYE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I just spoke to the seller. His name is Rich. The guitar is not refinished and is all original. The top is trans red and was purchased from BCRGreg about 15 years ago - around 1995-96. Rich says he traded two Hamer sunbursts 7-0057 Sunburst with a repaired headstock and another tobaccoburst Sunburst for this red Sunburst FS on Ebay. One small ding in the back, the neck is slightly thicker than his '79 Sunburst and is more even in thickness from fret 1 up the neck. It does not come with a Hamer case. The picture of the top in the auction is a bad one and he may post a new one. The top is a subtle flame, but it is there.

Good to know Joe and thanks for posting this info...............sure there are others that are interested in the guitar.Guess I was wrong about the finish but from the photos it shows no figure in the top.I would think this would go for $1,200.00 maybe be a little more if I would be guessing.Pretty guitar and it sounds like it has a nice neck profile as well.

Archived