Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Everyone Okay? Whatcha' Shoveling to?

Hamerhack

Looks like about a foot here in the Charlottesville, VA area.

Sure seems like it when shoveling! (Old fashioned hand shovel, unfortunately).

What are the backing tracks to your breaking backs?

So far "Dark Side of The Moon" and "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out" for me.

Shoulda gone out every hour and shoveled instead of letting it pile up all night.

I was cleaning my pool to Tool Salival. The wind has blown a lot of leaves into it. I never get tired of that album. I open up the windows and let it crank. The neighbors should know it pretty well by now too.

Got a few inches of ice here in Augusta,Ga. Tons of trees down around me. Our are was one of the hardest hit. Been without power since 1000 last night. Currently doing the iPhone song shuffle until the power comes on. Cross Canadian Ragweed is on at the moment.

15 inches in Exton, PA with another 3- 6 " more on the way tonight. I shoveled out my walkway and driveway before the contractors arrived but did it sans music- just periodic breaks to throw the tennis ball for my Black Lab. At least one of us had fun!

I took a break to hang with a few HFC'ers on the Song Is King cast, but was spinning "Everywhere At Once", by The Plimsouls, then the iPod on shuffle. We got a hair over a foot, but are supposed to get another 2"-4" tonight.

This one refuses to stay inside...

Georgia0213142amsnow_zps311b6268.jpg

We got a little under a foot, so far. Snowblower drowns out the tunes. But, during the day I listened to Gov't Mule's Shout!, disc 2 with all of the guest vocalists, and disc 1 of WILCO's Being There. Couldn't crank the tunes all day, had to let the kids watch some TV.

When the going gets tough, the tough get angry. Old-school "three chords and the truth" - Battalion of Saints, the Exploited, Fear, G.B.H., Black Flag, Gang Green, Agent Orange.....and then some Miles Davis for the cool-down lap.

We got a little under a foot. did a 24 hr shift yesterday, the ambulance got stuck 3 or 4 times! just had classic rock radio at work, but listened to jay mohr's mohrstories podcast on the extended drive home (my truck is stuck in 4WD low, max speed 30 mph).

(my truck is stuck in 4WD low, max speed 30 mph).

Have you tried changing it back to 4 high or 2wd by going into reverse when trying to switch? Back in my jeeping dayz this was a trick we would use to unstick the transfer case.

(my truck is stuck in 4WD low, max speed 30 mph).

Have you tried changing it back to 4 high or 2wd by going into reverse when trying to switch? Back in my jeeping dayz this was a trick we would use to unstick the transfer case.

yes, that usually works. might be the freezing temperature, gonna try it again mid afternnoon.

We were down at DisneyWorld all last week, missed the storm, and drove back to Virginia Saturday and Sunday. I-95 and US-26 looked like tornados had come through. When we got home we discovered our neighbor had plowed our driveway for us, so all I had to shovel was our walk. Busting through the layer of ice on top kinda sucked but better than doing the whole long driveway!

It was finally just over 50 degrees here today and about half the grass is now showing. We haven't been able to see any grass for about a month now. We got 13-14 inches in the first storm, then around two a few days later and then a few dustings. And then for about two weeks straight it was cold as a well-digger's ass (at or below zero) and then the slooooow climb out to finally get above freezing. I think our low during that stretch was -11 degrees actual temperature. Now, water mains are broken in the streets everywhere.

Snow doesn't usually bother me, but this one started to get on my nerves because for over a week it just blew everywhere no matter how much you plowed or shoveled it just kept recovered things.

It sucked - there was no music jamming during any of snowblowings of the driveway/sidewalks - all three times. My snow blower is so damn loud there is no point in even trying.

Common summer . . . . .

The sound of my 1958 Ferguson tractor. Over 2 feet here. A steep 1600 foot driveway with two switchbacks. Barely enough room left between the snow walls for the car. Four more inches today. If we get any more my house will be cut off from civilization.

Archived