Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA 1992 Hamer Special BLONDE!

That one is opaque white, which fades to a nice cream color. I bought one brand new from Flynn Bros. in '93 for $770.00. Sold it for in '01 during a divorce.

FYI from the seller of anyone is interested in this one.

Dear matchful,

Dear matchful,

Thanks for your interest in my guitar. It is very hard on the 'net to get a true sense of color owing to different computer screen color calibrations. One of my pics makes the guitar appear white, which it is not. (My bad - I am no photographer for sure). If you paste: http://www.hamerfanclub.com/andrewlarge/spec1.jpg you will see the original Hamer ad. Obviously my guitar is the one in the middle. I wouldn't quite describe the color as "pea green", but perhaps someone else might. The look is supposed to be more of an aged 1960 Gibson " TVblonde". If you had a perfectly calibrated monitor and looked at the Hamer ad that would be the best way to appreciate the color. BUT - The guitar is not white to anyone's eye.

Hope this helps.

Bill Walker

- wwalker82s8k

Say what you will about Fender, but the companys keeps very good production records. I once asked about the color of a c 1994 MIM Telecaster and was told not only the name of the color, but the code for the color, the date it was manufactured, the store in St Louis to which it was shipped and the date it was shipped. Would be nice if we could figure out this color. If the seller says it has turned greenish, then it must have been TV Yellow to start with. I had a 1992 that already turned to a sickly avocado green within five years. He should try shooting other photos to better represent the true color, although he says it could be considered "pea green."

Archived