Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Monaco III

I have a Monaco III that is in great condition. The only non-stock items are the ebony tuning pegs (I think I can find the original chrome ones if you insist). I'll take $1400 shipped and paypal'ed to continental U.S. I'm happy to ship elsewhere, but it can be a pricey proposition, and I won't do the "gift" thing.

Edit: If it helps anyone, this one is about 7.75 pounds or so (as weighed by Wildwood when I got the guitar). It definitely feels like a lightweight, given the bigsby, etc.

12042994086_9d4a7ff642_z.jpg

Here's more pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fractalbifurcation/sets/72157639954300623/

Absolutely lovely.

Great guitar for a great price.

This is a Feynman seems out of business bump for a great guitar.

Thanks for the bump. If anyone wanted to give me $1500 for it, I wouldn't say "no" (shipped and paypaled or not).

This is in MUCH better shape, probably lighter, and has newer TonePros hardware! than the Craigslist one, but that one is a good buy...

• 2 months later...

This thing is still here. I need it to go to pay for something else. Anyone take it for $1400 shipped and PayPal'ed? It has the stock TonePros hardware (okay, saddle because it has a bigsby, but it's something, right?), and it is all original except for ebony tuning buttons (which I think is an upgrade, but I can probably find the originals if you disagree).

I know there was a few MIII's for somewhere in the $1300's. This is newer, and is relatively light and in really good shape. Hell, maybe I should just keep it. I'll sell a kidney instead...

Spruce top? OHSC included?

How many of us have said or heard this before: I need to sell my ABC before I can buy your XYZ. That's where I am.

Cheers!

caddie

Guest gearwhore

if it was the right scale 24.75 I would take it...but them darn long scale hurt my hands...sweet redelicious beauty.

if it was the right scale 24.75 I would take it...but them darn long scale hurt my hands...sweet redelicious beauty.

I hopefully have a MIII showing up this week. With shipping it was around $1350. Mines arriving with a slight flaw in the head stock. I'm guessing your price is right on. I'm looking forward to the 25 -1/2 scale, I'm not sure about the P-90's. I think its just finding someone looking for the guitar you're selling. 2 other guitars I'm interested are the Talladega and Super Pro both 25 1/2 scale. I've only sold 2 Hamer's over the last few years and I've regretted it every time.

I bought a guitar last fall and though I should sell something to make some room. I posted and Artist Custom, 3 to 4 months later I get and email someone wanting to buy it. I completely forgot I had it posted. While I'm thinking about it my wife just happens to tell me she wants a new piano. So I thought, yeah I sell it to help pay for a piano. I email the person back that I'll sell. The next day I realize I don't want to sell the guitar... I ended up doing the deal anyway... Then the next day after I sold it I get another email from another person wanting to buy the guitar. My point is for 3 months no one was interested.

Hi all,

Spruce top - yes! OHSC included - yes!

Thanks all for comments and posts. This duplicates too much of what I already have, although at the same time it is unique. (Those of you who have one or have played one may understand what I mean.) I will have 4 electrics, and I think that is enough for my usage, so I don't need this 5th one. However, it is a pretty incredible piece, and one day I'm sure I'll miss it. I'm trying to do more with less these days, so hence the sale.

Spruce top? OHSC included?

How many of us have said or heard this before: I need to sell my ABC before I can buy your XYZ. That's where I am.

Cheers!

caddie

This must be the most unpopular Hamer guitar right now. These things have been popping up every where. I just got my red MIII one a week ago, I love it. These things are a 10 on the cool scale. I'm mostly a Strat player but these things sound nothing like a Strat IMO. I like the PU positions 1, 3, and 5 but not so much the quack positions. The pickups are too hot for my taste but I back the volume down to 80% and they sound real nice. I can go from a Strat to this guitar and it fits like a glove. Not so with my Artist or Studio. The scale difference messes me up on 24 3/4 scale guitars. If I have to start selling guitars the MIII will be the last to go...

Eventually I want to buy a Super Pro. At that time the Studio and Artist may go down the road. I wish Hamer would have made this same red MIII but called it a MII with humbuckers.

There's my plug for the night.

I LOVE these guitars and these are great prices. Unfortunately, I've got my $$ tied up into two refurbishings and a planned custom build.

Archived