Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

BTMN

Truly an epic journey.

Thanks Gene and to all who have shared in the travels of Wyldbil over the years.   I thought about him every time there was a post or update, and know that he'd have been beyond tickled to see this happening.

• Like 4

I actually just found a short video made during the # 5 time here a few years back. Pure s**t playing of the guitar on a cell phone straight outta the shipping box after a few beers, but I am not proud. Let me see if I can find a way to share it.

IIRC we also did a first run through on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" where it was clear 3 people had never played it before.....With my vocal on top of the hot mess.  Probably a good thing if that take never surfaces!

IMG_1349 (4).JPG

Edited by django49
  • Like 5

• 5 months later...

Just reread through the thread and I gotta say this was one of the coolest guitar things I have ever been involved in. You folks made it happen. I really got lax a few times letting it sit and I see a few folks got left out that really wanted a visit. Maybe a second trip out after COVID really clears. 😎

• Like 9

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

Gene, you are awesome! 😊

Somehow this never got to me despite being contacted by you several times. I'm a very disappointed to have been denied the opportunity.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Somehow this never got to me despite being contacted by you several times. I'm a very disappointed to have been denied the opportunity.

Come down this way and you can visit with Thorn and myself and play #5 all you like. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife found an old GoPro-type video camera she had and was clearing off the saved videos when she found this from 2014!  I didn't even know it existed.  Sorry about my stupid intro trying to describe the guitar.  lol

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hello! 

I submitted a post a long time ago that never made it through I think .... but I am Jonathan, Wyldbil's nephew.

I was listening to a band he introduced me to years and years back this morning (Kidsnack) and it reminded me of this forum so I just wanted to drop a quick note again to say how amazing it is seeing y'all still playing his guitar(s) all these years later.

Just because I would imagine it's been a while since this guitar has seen the light of day, here is a pic of another one of his guitars that ended up with me :)

spacer.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Jonathan Crosby said:

...I am Jonathan, Wyldbil's nephew.

Welcome, WyldJon! (this should be your name goin forward).

I never met your uncle (in person) but had several exchanges with him, both on the board and via email/private message. I will always remember him fondly.
He was always a welcome contributor on this message board.

Thanks for posting!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

IMG_0276.webpWelcome to the fray. Good to see another of Bil’s guitars. I am the originator of sending the Wyldbil Pirate Special #5 around and while some of the links in the thread don’t link anymore we did good spreading the spirit of music around for about 6 years. Can’t believe it made it across the country and back. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t realized it traveled that long. That had been a great thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gorch said:

I haven’t realized it traveled that long. That had been a great thing.

It actually stayed a year or more in one place. 6 months another place. 

On 7/27/2023 at 11:25 AM, Steve Haynie said:

Same here.  Wyldbil traded some CD's with me.  Sarah sent some of his guitar picks to HFC members. 

I have his red Sunburst. 

Post up a photo or 3 of that guitar if you don’t mind.

😎👍🏁

• Like 1