Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

BTMN

I have had this idea. :rolleyes::huh:^_^

I sent this to Jay today. Instructions are to give it a setup and make it functional electronically. Bil put a lil whammy on this one. Looks like he tried, or did, put a nady wireless transmitter in it. With no receiver, I have no idea if it works. It does have a jack and that kind of works. It has had a few repairs and body mods. Beveling, belly cuts, and headstock repair oh my! Maybe a couple other things too. It was cheap when I bought it and I wanted a lil something Wyldbil if you will. He was that Cool.

In that spirit I want to let this guitar visit a few of you. After Jay gets it set I want the Pirate Special #5 to come be played at your house, at a gig, a party, whatever. Keep it a week or four. You have to agree to ship it on to the next person though and eventually it will come back to me or I will meet up with it at say the 4321 club, a jam at Dave's in Olney, maybe a trip to Dallas to meet an old friend again, then again there is the semi yearly Seattle/Northwest Jam. I understand Tampa now has direct flights to Seattle.

So who is interested in my social experiment? :blink:

You also have to post photos of you playing Pirate Special #5. :P

I was thinking about having Jay send it to one of the Matthes twins to get the ball rolling. B)

wyldbil1_zps8f627e79.jpg

wyldbil2_zps1c659380.jpg

wyldbil3_zps0cc3d3ca.jpg

wyldbil4_zpsd2570840.jpg

wyldbil5_zps5455008a.jpg

wyldbil7_zpsb6c28987.jpg

wyldbil6_zps6112bf9b.jpg

• Like 10

AHOY! and AYE! AYE! Mate! Send that guitar down the plank so these landlubbers can have a strum on it! Shiver me timbers its a crackin idea! OK OK I went a little "OVERBOARD" with the pirate banter. :rolleyes: BTW was there not another Hamer Sunburst that was once owned by "WYLDBIL" on the forum?

Edited by ARM OF HAMER
  • Like 1

Sounds like fun. What is this "semi yearly Seattle/Northwest Jam"? I am only a couple hours south of there.

In my "jam class" they are leaning on me (heavily) to do some singing as well as playing. Now THAT is a scary thought!

• Like 1

Count me in!

I did a similar thing a few years ago. A friend of a friend was in a coma after an accident and he loved music. His favorite bands are Kiss, Thin Lizzy, and Cheap Trick. He loved the "more cowbell" sketch from SNL so our mutual friend bought a cowbell that traveled the country getting pics taken at touristy spots in the places it visited. When I had it, I got Bun E. to autograph it and thought that was pretty good, but later someone had a video of Satch with a personal message to the guy!

The good news he got better.

• Like 2

That is kind of the idea Ray.

Haynie, Jay and I already talked about you probably coming to his place to play it. Perhaps you will be the first to take it home and then pass it on. It is a player in every sense of the word.

Wow! What an amazing offer!

Wish I was a little closer, I'd be in a minute.

Unless you are in Asia, Europe, or the UK don't know why you can not be a part of this.

So........

I thank you for the offer but shipping to Alaska has gotten really out of hand the past few years.

I am afraid that it would be cost prohibitive.

But if it gets up in the Northwest let me know, I may try to work something.

Anyone else from Anchorage area that would be interested?

• Like 1

That is kind of the idea Ray.

Haynie, Jay and I already talked about you probably coming to his place to play it. Perhaps you will be the first to take it home and then pass it on. It is a player in every sense of the word.

I never had the opportunity to meet, or even converse with, Wyldbil, but from what I have heard about him I'm pretty sure he would wholeheartedly approve and probably say "play the hell out of it boys and girls!"

• Like 2

So we have...

Steve Haynie

Tommyp

Hbom

ArmofHamer

mudshark

django49

anotherfreak

Kiz

Bloozguy

Are all of you interested in a visit?

Jem I didn't forget you and if there is enough interest I would consider letting it go that way as I can think of at least 7 guys over that way that might enjoy that also.

This is a VERY cool tribute to Bil.

Great idea, Gene!

• Like 2

There is a need to see Jay again. If you do not mind me picking up the guitar, it could travel from Nashville to the area halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte. From there I could drive it in either direction.

Steve, shoot me a PM when you get an idea of a date for Nashville and I'll see if I can get free. I need Jay to look at a couple of things for me, anyway.

- Jeff