Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

BTMN

Alright it begins. I got to hear Steve Haynie and Murkat play in the guitar on Sunday afternoon. WPS#5 is on it's way in the AM from Murkat to Lockbody in Birmingham. From there it will be exchanged between he and Polara. More to come......

• Like 1

Having met and done business with Wyldbil, I'm really happy to pass this torch. Hoping the band will have a show when it comes my way, but I'll find a good spot for a photo then on to... who's after me?

• Like 2

I have a gig at the end of the month if I can get in on this.

Bil rocked FUCKING HARD.

As of now it will probably still be here in the Southeast but I am positive we can get it your way for a gig. Do you still do the last weekend at the same place, the name escapes me at the moment.

BTW, your pm box is full. B)

18 people interested so far. More can join in too.......

Can you add stickers to the case that would document the various locales the pirate special has been docked?

You would be covering up Bil's personal choice of mojo. A list of HFC'ers who play it will be cool.

I like this idear. A small "journal" in the case each person can sign/date and maybe tape a picture in...

• Like 2

So I'm first up.

Let me just say how honored I am to be a part of this, and Gene (BTMN) is one cool individual for allowing us to share one unique man's vision of his guitar. I sold my last Hamer a couple of years ago to focus on a few core guitars, but strapping Wyldbil's Special on instantly brought back everything I love about Hamers - how effortless they play and a thick, but cutting tone. I had an '81 Special, but it was nowhere near the guitar in tone that this one is. You can hear it below.

Unfortunately, we don't have a show until April 5th, but we started learning a song last week that fits in perfectly here, as it's a song by an early Hamer adopter, "Kid" by The Pretenders.

It's just a quick one using my iPhone sitting on the mixer so you don't get to see the other half of the band, but you do get see whats important, and Wyldbil's guitar, too. Signal path is: guitar, Carbon Copy delay, '74 Fender Super Reverb. Of course, I flub the solo in front of all my Hamer brethren, but what can you do?

th_ZandZ-Kid_zps14cb58ec.jpg

Edited by Lockbody
  • Like 13

YEAH!!!! :wub:

The gauntlet has been thrown down! I think I have a tear in my eye that was so COOL. :huh::rolleyes:^_^

Awesome start. B)

:wub:

Aww, shucks. It wern't nuthin'

I was hoping to get a decent take of our instrumental version of "White Wedding", but the recording I got was a clamfest and not to be posted. I'll try again at practice on Tuesday.