Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

BTMN

Steve Haynie arrived last night with the Special. Always great to see Steve and talk guitars. It's been over 10 years since I first met Steve, man time flies. Played the Wyld one on our version of Jeff Beck,s "Savoy". The thing has lots of output and I've been playing pretty much dead clean into the amp, in my Danny Gatton tone phase LOL. In hindsight we should have reset the amp for more dirt but we got what we got. Guitar plays great and with the slim neck and shorter scale I kinda felt like a horse on ice. Thanks to Gene and Steve for letting me be a part of this. I did meet Bil and actually sold him my old Sunburst cause he told me how his was stolen long ago and he couldnt see him getting another one, he was a really kind man who died too fuckin young. Video coming

• Like 2

hardheartedbill did something worse than get DNA in the case.

He played country licks on the guitar as soon as it was in his hands! Not just any country licks-- expertly played country licks!

Ive said it before, sustain block guitars sound great on country, in particular stock wired pups in the dual position

• Like 1

Thanks Gene! Really sweet of you to do this. Does Bil's widow know this is happening? I included an Asheville Tourist minor league schedule for my case candy

Edited by it's me HHB
  • Like 1

Hey Mods,

Location forces me to be a voyeur in this WyldBil #5 project.

Is there any chance that you could pin this thread?

It's fast becoming my favorite read.( a younger person might say it's "trending")

It would make it easier to find in the mornings.

Thanks

D

• Like 1

Bill, no idea how to contact Sarah, if I remembered her name correctly.

HBom, you are not off my list. Is shipping between Seattle and you that expensive?

This IS Cool to watch isn't it? ^_^B)

TommyP, I hear this is on it's way to you!. Do it up nice!! Vids and or photos required. B)

Steve, you did yourself proud getting it to HHB to rock out on and I hope you played it a few times as well! ^_^

I'm still waiting to see photos of you and Murkat playing it when this started. :huh:-_-:blink:

TommyP, do you have a link or info on your show to benefit the fire victims on Saturday. Maybe we can get some area HFCers out to the show.

Start a thread and post the flyer if you have one.

Sorry I haven't been here to comment, but I'm glad this worked out.

I left last Tuesday for a week in the Florida Keys for my 50th birthday and Thursday my uncle died. I had to scramble to get a flight home and cut the vacation short by a day to make it back for his funeral. We had just celebrated his 91st birthday with him last month, but I can assure you he was NOT an old man - he could still go sailing and went to the gym regularly so it was actually a terrible surprise. He had some pain, went to the doctor, found he had cancer and died in less than a week.

Gene, thanks for asking about the benefit show for the family affected by the house fire. Here are some links with everything you'd ever want to know:

My band Rockslide's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rockslide/60874067665

Link to the event announcement: https://www.facebook.com/events/469532973147411/

Link to a page accepting donations for the family: http://www.gofundme.com/7mqgso

You can also donate through PayPal directly to me at [email protected] if you'd like. Just mark it "benefit" somewhere. I will remove this information Monday 4/21.

Edited by tommy p

I'm in.

How about London Hyde Park on July 4th playing alongside Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Faith No More and Motorhead? Or ship it to Alicante for August 16 where we have a show with Michael Schenker, Behemoth and Arch Enemy. Or another 6-week European tour starting November 2? Or a bunch of stuff in between times depending on availabilty.

Either way, I'll add to the case candy ....

• Like 8

All things are possible. I'm a little concerned about the Honduran Mahogany body and Rosewood fingerboard making it past customs though. :blink::ph34r:

But the WBPS#5 at a Hyde Park show on July 4th sounds excellant!