Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

BTMN

Alright. Hope you share it around with a few of them locals. Did you get to Brooks and Stike's gig last night?

No, I had to work & that's a bit too far away. It will visit Brooks next I guess. He can get it to Stike. Coolfeel is close too.

I meant several things actually. ^_^

TommyP, did you get anything visually to add. B) To you David , played it? Like it? Hate it? Had any fun with it. The new Standard jealous? :rolleyes::huh:B)

Yeah, if Coolfeel got it for his show on the 17th and perhaps back to Brooks for his show on the 30th, or off to Nathan for his shindig at Elduave's, that could be a lot of good times.

• Like 1

6/6 in Texas? Playing awful guitar pop as load as the equipment will go?

When this comes towards Texas I will put you on our list and see what we can do.

I meant several things actually. ^_^

TommyP, did you get anything visually to add. B) To you David , played it? Like it? Hate it? Had any fun with it. The new Standard jealous? :rolleyes::huh:B)

Yeah, if Coolfeel got it for his show on the 17th and perhaps back to Brooks for his show on the 30th, or off to Nathan for his shindig at Elduave's, that could be a lot of good times.

Cool guitar! I love the bare minimum on guitars. I put some free download cards of my last band Spank in the case for anyone who wants one.

Edited by David B
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great fun but where are you? B)

Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, coming that way. ^_^

I say we have a photo op at Nathan's Elduave deal on June 7th. I'm not gonna make that but I hope a bunch of you do. So get your photo with the guitar and/or play a jam song on it. No Rock and Roll All Nite though as you might get a lil zealous with it. :blink::huh::ph34r:

Guest gearwhore

Who wants to help fund to send the guitar to Kevin to use on July 4th at the Hyde Park show on the bill with Black Sabbath and Motorhead? :blink:

can you stick me in the case too. :P

Waiting to hear back from Kevin before I look into making it happen. I worry about customs and the wood but it will be on loan and and it is a 30+ year old guitar.

I jammed on the WPS #5 last night.

The intent is to get good enough on these 3 songs to not embarrass myself too much when I videotape myself playing them and post it here afterwards. Probably Friday night.

That way on Saturday, I can spend my time videotaping other HFC folk playing it at the jam.

It does have a really nice tone, really nice low end. Seems to make every note extremely clear. One of the best-sounding Hamers I've played, but not in the sense of "wow, what amazing tone" on the first strum, but more like "wow, that songs sounds really good on this guitar" and "huh. that part of the sound really sings on this guitar, as opposed to on my other guitars."

If I had purchased this guitar, I would be extremely pleased with it, and would consider it literally irreplaceable for that tone aspect alone.

Now that I think of it, that package I reported receiving last week wasn't the WPS #5, after all. I have never actually received the guitar. Yeah, that's the ticket, I never actually received it! No, I have no idea what happened to it, but clearly you can't expect me to pass the guitar on when I never received it in the first place, right? My wife emphatically did not say anything about how cool the stickers were on the outside of the case, and there is no way I would know that David B left a stack of download cards with writing on the top one saying "Take one!", of course. Because I've never actually received the guitar, I tell you!

• Like 4