Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

BTMN

It's a new year so let's get an update. How was the show last week? Photos of the Special sitting around the Christmas tree perhaps? ^_^B)

Edited by BTMN

Hmmmm. Missed opportunity... Should have taken WB5 through Hell, MI while it was up here...

I've been thru Hell before.

Really wasn't any different than any other small town in Southern Michigan.

:D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow HFCers. Linked below is a short video of my evening with the Wyldbil Pirate Special. That was my first attempt at recording guitar and band with a GoPro - curious. The sound you hear on the video is not the sound in the room. The GoPro picks up a lot of audio/vibrations from whatever it is clamped to. At one point, I tune and there is no audible guitar in the room, but the GoPro picked it up loud and clear (it was clamped to the headstock).

The video gets better at the 30 second mark or so if you are getting bored fast. I still have the Wyldbil and am working on getting it to the next participant in this silly adventure.

Edited by bcsride
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Coming here next. I guess some country is going down on it Wednesday here in Austin (at a bar called Dallas - go figure). Depending on how long I have it, I may get a chance to do some rock on it as we.

Not sure who is next or close, but I wanted to let everyone know where it is going to be in early February.

Did you have the GoPro in the waterproof housing? If so, that housing does a terrible job of picking up audio since it is trying to keep the camera airtight.

Fellow HFCers. Linked below is a short video of my evening with the Wyldbil Pirate Special. That was my first attempt at recording guitar and band with a GoPro - curious. The sound you hear on the video is not the sound in the room. The GoPro picks up a lot of audio/vibrations from whatever it is clamped to. At one point, I tune and there is no audible guitar in the room, but the GoPro picked it up loud and clear (it was clamped to the headstock).

Did you have the GoPro in the waterproof housing? If so, that housing does a terrible job of picking up audio since it is trying to keep the camera airtight.

Yes, go pro in the waterproof housing. I guess I need a different "case" for doing audio.

Well, the gig video didn't take. I have another shot at it on the 20th. Until then, here is a really crappy video of us working on a Dwight Yoakam tune.

What a great ride this is. Thanks everyone!!! :wub:

Life IS Good! B)

• Like 5

Well, the gig video didn't take. I have another shot at it on the 20th. Until then, here is a really crappy video of us working on a Dwight Yoakam tune.

What a great ride this is. Thanks everyone!!! :wub:

Life IS Good! B)

Dude, Dwight Y. is one of the few country artists that make sense to me. And yes the video sucks based on the "set the phone somewhere to get a shot" production strategy. But a few key points. You rock. Your singer is great. And, we need to work on some gig swapping. Not sure how that works as I have no talent and play in an indie/pop rock band and you have talent and play in a country band. But hell, these are not the droids you're looking for. Fantastic lusculla. Rock on and pass it to some more Austin area HFCers. And us Texas HFCers need to make some attempt at community. Those DC area, Florida area, and Minneapolis are folks seem to have some coordination. I know Texas is big, but we are friendly.

• Like 3

Thanks for the compliments! We can find a way to swap gigs one way or another. I am slowly turning this into a more of a Black Crowes type thing anyway. That singer in the video quit, and I brought a friend in who listens to as much Grateful Dead as anything else but loves country. We worked up a Trigger Hippy tune already in practice. It's pretty easy to do a mix-bill thing in Austin, and we have been doing a lot of shows at Lucky Lounge. Maybe if they have us back for another Friday night gig, y'all could come out and open for us.

And I am all up for some get-togethers!

• Like 2

IMG_0748_zps8bscq1px.jpg

Wanted to post a family portrait before the WPS (which I also affectionately call the "Woo Pig Sooie" due to its initials) moves on.

Which brings up - I am going to try and get a video in a week playing downtown. After the 20th, I'd be happy to pass her along to the next person.

• Like 4