Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

BTMN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElRtDsY8VbA&feature=youtu.be

Pre Conda rehearsal - Guitar Greg checking WPS #5!

Hamerica

Edited by Hamerica
  • Like 6

Guitar Greg with the Wyldbil Pirate Special #5.

post-1218-0-70907100-1428725765_thumb.jp

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

The Wyldbil Pirate Special #5 has found its way to Amarillo, Texas. The coolness of this little jewel truly goes off the charts. Pictures soon will follow, but right now I'm going to play this little black jewel. It will get a garage workout Thursday night and will trek to the Cadillac Ranch for pics and mojo. Many thanks to Gene for letting me take part in this tour and to all those who have welcomed it then passed it on.

• Like 5

The photos don't do entire justice to the concept of the Ranch. What looks like litter is actually for the most part where people leave the spray cans with the caps off when they're done painting. All the colors swirling around the cars on the ground has a striking visual effect, especially coupled with all the messages folks have spray painted on the ground. I guess it's one of those things you have to be there to fully appreciate The creator encouraged folks to become a part of the Ranch by adding their touch via painting, thereby making the Cadillac Ranch a living and ongoing work of art. Even the vandalism is a part of the evolving work. It's worth noting the Cadillacs are at the precise angle of the great pyramids in Egypt.

Edited by mudshark
  • Like 2

Here is another shot from Mudshark of the WPS#5 Rawking The Ranch.

cadranch1b_zpslhfc1roy.jpg

I know that it is ok to paint at the exhibit but it would look so much better with the cans and lids picked up. If they are not empty then yeah, pass them around to use them up. Place would look much Cooler without the debris. OMNSHO. B)

Edited to add: When it stopped by Dime's...

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/71417-wyldbil-dimebag-hfc-and-rawk/?hl=dimebag

Edited by BTMN

• 2 weeks later...

Heard this was in Los Alamos, N.M. now. Wonder what kind of things it might encounter there.

Michael Schenker or maybe another U.F.O. ?

Hamerica

Now I wonder what it would take to sneak it into an episode of Portlandia when it is in this corner of the Pacific NW?

• Like 2

^^^^

As per "exposing yourself to art" in Portland. (And, yes, that is a former Mayor of Portland in the raincoat). It is not for nothing that a favorite bumper sticker in the City is "Keep Portland Weird".

expose_zpstp60tqin.jpg

Edited by django49
  • Like 1

^^^^

As per "exposing yourself to art" in Portland. (And, yes, that is a former Mayor of Portland in the raincoat). It is not for nothing that a favorite bumper sticker in the City is "Keep Portland Weird".

Finally, Portland ripped us off instead of the other way around.

• Like 1