Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

BTMN

It has spent extended times at a couple stops. Like October until May at Feynman's. and several months in 2015 at Hamerica Plaza. I don't mind. It has been in Orange County, Ca. since June and we are moving it North a little bit. Django is in the process of having it sent his way.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Pirate has been lazing about in the Battle Ground vicinity, but is itching to get moving in a northerly direction. I had hopes of a get together with part of the SMALL clique of HFC folks in this area, but that did not come about. As a result, the goal of getting it into some "interesting" local venues for pictures just did not happen. Best of intent and all that..... But I do not want to delay further getting the trip back on course.

At Gene's request, a fresh set of 9s has been installed. The old ones were WAY past their expiration date! This guitar is a kick in the pants! I had sort of expected something less. It HAS been modified, body reshaped, had electronics installed and (partially) removed. Major repairs on the neck, and some chipping out at that location. I am assuming a break, but at least a big crack. Painted with a spray can (I assume). All of which is baked into the DNA of Wyldbil and all the other hands and sweat that have touched it. And it plays and sounds great.

The case is also a trip. And there is a small cache of souvenirs from the (going on) 3 year road trip. I am glad that I was able to add a fingerprint or three.

I will come back to add some pix, once I get some loaded. There MIGHT also be a clip of Da Pirate in action, but I am not sure yet if that came out.

BTW....The guy in black with the guitar is "Jolly Roger", so I guess it all fits.....

IMG_1350_zpsx624summ.jpg

IMG_1351_zpspktdaz3l.jpg

IMG_1347_zpsad8ckilj.jpg

IMG_1346_zpsgzp2etsd.jpg

IMG_1348_zps3jcxk41a.jpg

IMG_1349_zpsg3x8grfb.jpg

Edited by django49
  • Like 5

Looking real! That is the spirit of Wyldbil right there in that first set of shots. Some good friends playing some good guitars.

I would still like to direct the guitars direction so drop me a PM if you want it coming your way. HBOM, I still say we need to see about getting it up to you while it is in the Northwest. Otherwise, it is about to round the bend and head East and then South again I bet. No rush that's for sure. It can even stay put in that area a minute or so if desired. It looks happy next to that sweet Mesa combo. .

I thought I said 10-46 but meh. Long as it plays and sounds good.

• Like 3

^^^^

Good friends, a few beers and a really hot guitar!

The 9s make it really slinky, for sure!

I had to pull out that amp too. Gets hot enough anyway, but even more so with the Pirate...That hardwood beauty is one more thing on my chopping block, but way too heavy to ship.

• Like 2

The Pirate has landed in Camstoneville. I am right in the middle of Washington State about 125 miles east of Seattle. Thanks to Don (django) for paying the freight up to me.

As had been said before the guitar (and especially the case) are a trip. The neck has been shaved down so much that putting 9s on it has caused the neck to flatten to where the strings are essentially sitting on the fretboard. I tried loosening the truss rod, but it's all the way slack, so I am going to throw a set of 10's on it and take it to rehearsal this evening. 

I am in a few different music projects right now but the rehearsal tonight is with "Analog Jack" an all original blues/light rock/dance band. It's been a lot of fun. My buddy Eric Link has about 35 or 40 killer tunes. We've been working on the songs and arrangements for a coupla months.

So rehearse tonight, rehearse next Tuesday and then our first gig Friday Dec 9 at a club in Chelan called The Vogue Liquid Lounge where I will use Pirate on at least one tune and get some pics or maybe even video???

Then the following week I plan to deliver it to KofSeattle in person. Inquiries on who want's it next should be sent to KofSeattle.

Vogue 12.9.JPG

• Like 3

Does it look like anything was damaged in transit? The guitar played well the day before I shipped it (extra slinky with the light strings). But def not flat on the neck or buzzing. I did loosen the strings slightly before packing it up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, django49 said:

Does it look like anything was damaged in transit? The guitar played well the day before I shipped it (extra slinky with the light strings). But def not flat on the neck or buzzing. I did loosen the strings slightly before packing it up.

No It's not damaged, traveled fine and didn't have to go very far. It's super cold here and must have been in the Fedex truck last night. Maybe after it warms up the neck will go back to where it should be. 

• Like 1

Nice to see it is moving on to more Fun. It has had 10s on it before this set of 9s. 10-46 Ddarrios are the string of choice but feel free to help it along with a set of your choice. Add a lil something related to you or where it is at if you like. grab an HFC pick too.

Please send the inquiry to me about getting the guitar sent to you. ;) I have a few things in mind. 

10,000! B)

• Like 4

I struggled to try to make a meaningful, :rolleyes: , post for my 10,000th and couldn't come up with one for 3 days. Also gave thought to following your example. :D I'd just miss all the loonies to much and be back in a day or less. :P

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I played the Pirate guitar at a gig last night with my band Analog Jack at a venue called The Vogue Liquid Lounge in Chelan Washington.

Here's a few pics. There was a video taken of me introdcuing the guitar. I'll get it uploaded to Youtube and post it here. Anyway, a good time was had by all and the spirit of WildBill was  in-da-house.

My guitars for the evening:

DSCN0380_zpsqepr21k7.jpg

Introduction of the Pirate

DSCN0393_zpsluwhzyjg.jpg

DSCN0396_zpsqqrlevt4.jpg

The band 

DSCN0398_zpskhnfvqrj.jpg

Takin a ride

DSCN0400_zpszyldghan.jpg

• Like 10

OK, one more bit of fun with this guitar.

This girl's name is "Pirate" (well it's really Amanda Pieratte) but she goes by "Pirate" and that's how her last name is pronounced. She is our drummer's 26 year old fiance and she's 5'10". They just got engaged about three weeks ago. You can glimpse the rock by the 8th fret.

We had a band Christmas party here at my place last night and I got her to pose with the Pirate guitar. She showed me her skull and crossbones tattoo. I would have liked to have taken a pic of the tattoo, but then we would have had to move the thread to the Outer Circle. :wub:

DSCN0408_zpsnuz6eg6e.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Wyldbill is hanging with friends in Seattle. Fixin to have a fat bologna sammich' and piss off some neighbors proper. All in the name of the man! Nice talking to you today BTMN, thanks for allowing WB to mingle in the Emerald City. Cheers! More to come......

ARGHHH.jpg

• Like 13