Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

BTMN

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to hear the guitar made it safely! I delayed shipping it by two weeks so I could play it at practice a couple more times. There's definitely magic in that one. Here's a few more case pics I took a few weeks back.

WPS5Case12.jpg

WPS5Case13.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh,

He’s just hanging out with his younger cousin.

image.jpg

The *ahem* acoustic voice is really sharp, upper register.  Plug him in and that volume knob will keep driving your pre-amp tubes harder, and harder, and harder.  An ugly duckling to be sure, but that's the point.  A rocker.

Edited by Toadroller
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2014 at 9:19 PM, BTMN said:

So WPS is in Nashville getting a lil tuneup and rehab. Understand that this guitar may have seen better daze but is still worth strumming and even RAWKIN' Out on. It IS NOT a Sweetheart of a guitar in anyway. You may play it for a day or a week but a couple months might be pushing it. Trust? Sure, I got nothing to lose. I already know people suck sometimes and being burned by a person close would be to classic of a storyline. I have faith that those that get the guitar will pass the guitar on and will continue to do so. HOWEVER, should you decide you just GOT TO HAVE IT, well that can be arranged also and the tour will end as such.

^^^^^

From Gene waaaaay back at the beginning.  It's got a Hamer headstock and a whole lotta *character* to it.  Let's call them second cousins.  Twice removed.

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2018 at 1:44 PM, BTMN said:

Did he just pose with it? Strum it? Plug it in? :)

Just some unplugged riffs.  It was after the show, so no time for a real test.   He thought it could be set up as a cool slide guitar and was fascinated with the case as well

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

I had my way with Bil's special, but I sure would like to see that Beatles one come back to me.

That can be arranged, if you'd like.  :)  Same price as when you sent it to me, whatever that was.  It was reasonable, as I recall.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

I had my way with Bil's special, but I sure would like to see that Beatles one come back to me.

2 hours ago, Toadroller said:

That can be arranged, if you'd like.  :)  Same price as when you sent it to me, whatever that was.  It was reasonable, as I recall.

This place is amazing. I don't care where ya go it's hard to find a place that comes close to The HFC.

• Like 5

On 7/12/2018 at 10:35 PM, tomteriffic said:

Today @tomteriffic's Beatles Special begins its journey home, but it's taking the long way round, stopping in with @tommy p for a while to sit in on some gigs with his Cheap Trick tribute band.  Best of all worlds- TommyP wanted some time with it and we were able to work it out pretty easily.*  

I hope we get some gig shots!

*We also discovered you could have multiple people in a PM message, making communications a snap.  Tip-o-the-hat to our admins!  Donate today!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2018 at 2:43 PM, Toadroller said:

Today @tomteriffic's Beatles Special begins its journey home, but it's taking the long way round, stopping in with @tommy p for a while to sit in on some gigs with his Cheap Trick tribute band.  Best of all worlds- TommyP wanted some time with it and we were able to work it out pretty easily.*  

I hope we get some gig shots!

*We also discovered you could have multiple people in a PM message, making communications a snap.  Tip-o-the-hat to our admins!  Donate today!

I took the Beatles Special to my CT tribute band practice and it went over great!  I had not told them I was getting it.  Sounded good, plays great.  It will be used in a show for the first time on Thanksgiving Eve.  Hopefully I'll get some good pics and/or video from that one.  We're working on our promo pack and I want that included.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...