Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

BTMN

Last home state of Hamer. I will look in to the status of what is and what will be. I know I would like to see Geoff Hartwell, maybe Mike Shishkov,  Diablo, BCRGreg,  either or both Matthes brothers, and perhaps a couple others as it works it's way South to you and me. Maybe a couple have a turn before it leaves the Northeast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

What a cool 5 year journey this has been. Still hanging at Stonge's house although he has not really posted about it. ;) I had hoped he might organize some of you Northeastern guys to get together and play that lil guitar. Maybe WBPS #5 hits the big city next. :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I had this guitar back in the summer or fall of 2015.  I feel like I've lived through three different lives since then, but this guitar is still on the same journey it was when I had it.  It gets very meta when I think about it too much. 

-Checked, and it was winter 2015.  In some ways if flew, and in some ways, it didn't. 

Edited by LucSulla
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Indeed! It needs to come visit central VA so @tommy p and I can molest it a bit!

Somewhere in this thread way, way back there should be some posts and pics from when I did have a turn.  I'd be more than happy to take another though, and it would give us an excuse to meet up and jam!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Any idea where Wyldbil's Special is lately?

• 1 month later...

Much as I love all y'all it is time to bring this home. I anticipate Fed Ex delivery Thursday. Full update to follow. What a Crazy 6 year journey this guitar has been on.B)

Edited by BTMN
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BTMN said:

Much as I love all y'all it is time to bring this home. I anticipate Fed Ex delivery today or tomorrow. Full update to follow. What a Crazy 6 year journey this guitar has been on.B)

Still one of the coolest stories in the HFC's "checkered" history!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Journey finally comes to an end. What a trip!

Thanks everyone for story telling and pics posting!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BTMN said:

Much as I love all y'all it is time to bring this home. I anticipate Fed Ex delivery Thursday. Full update to follow. What a Crazy 6 year journey this guitar has been on.B)

I had hoped to make a video history but life got in the way.  Maybe I will post some of what I had going.  The photobucket change really fucked up my plans.  Oh well,  This is a great story.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is a much deserved and incredible journey  with equally cool stories .   Only the HFC family could pull this together and make it happen - but for SIX YEARS.  Wow.

With that said, there has to be a guitar magazine somewhere that would want to cover the awesomeness of this guitar's travels as a story.

Just my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Along with today being the day John Lennon and Dime were killed it is the day Wyldbil left us. We miss him but through him we shared the experience of this guitar. What fun it was. Play one of yours for Bil today.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2