Hamer Fan Club Message Center
BTMN

Wyldbil Pirate Special #5

On 7/12/2018 at 10:35 PM, tomteriffic said:

I had my way with Bil's special, but I sure would like to see that Beatles one come back to me.

Today @tomteriffic's Beatles Special begins its journey home, but it's taking the long way round, stopping in with @tommy p for a while to sit in on some gigs with his Cheap Trick tribute band.  Best of all worlds- TommyP wanted some time with it and we were able to work it out pretty easily.*  

I hope we get some gig shots!

*We also discovered you could have multiple people in a PM message, making communications a snap.  Tip-o-the-hat to our admins!  Donate today!

• Like 5

Status check on Wyldbil Pirate Special #5. Any updates?

On 7/20/2018 at 2:43 PM, Toadroller said:

Today @tomteriffic's Beatles Special begins its journey home, but it's taking the long way round, stopping in with @tommy p for a while to sit in on some gigs with his Cheap Trick tribute band.  Best of all worlds- TommyP wanted some time with it and we were able to work it out pretty easily.*  

I hope we get some gig shots!

*We also discovered you could have multiple people in a PM message, making communications a snap.  Tip-o-the-hat to our admins!  Donate today!

I took the Beatles Special to my CT tribute band practice and it went over great!  I had not told them I was getting it.  Sounded good, plays great.  It will be used in a show for the first time on Thanksgiving Eve.  Hopefully I'll get some good pics and/or video from that one.  We're working on our promo pack and I want that included.

• Like 5

Heard this moved to Connecticut recently. :)

Hey, Gene,: Any idea where the #5 Special is at the moment? 

Last home state of Hamer. I will look in to the status of what is and what will be. I know I would like to see Geoff Hartwell, maybe Mike Shishkov,  Diablo, BCRGreg,  either or both Matthes brothers, and perhaps a couple others as it works it's way South to you and me. Maybe a couple have a turn before it leaves the Northeast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a cool 5 year journey this has been. Still hanging at Stonge's house although he has not really posted about it. ;) I had hoped he might organize some of you Northeastern guys to get together and play that lil guitar. Maybe WBPS #5 hits the big city next. :)

• Like 2

The Pirate Special has wandered to the big city for a bit after relaxing at casa de stonge.  The Pirate Special dig get to hang with with Nightwolf's Daytona as shown below. 

Wyldbill and Nightwolf.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

That's great!  Nice looking Daytona indeed! :wub:

• Like 1

Four months since the last update. Who is the custodian of Special #5 now? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I had this guitar back in the summer or fall of 2015.  I feel like I've lived through three different lives since then, but this guitar is still on the same journey it was when I had it.  It gets very meta when I think about it too much. 

-Checked, and it was winter 2015.  In some ways if flew, and in some ways, it didn't. 

Edited by LucSulla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz Prof said:

Who is the custodian of Special #5 now? 

Indeed! It needs to come visit central VA so @tommy p and I can molest it a bit!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Indeed! It needs to come visit central VA so @tommy p and I can molest it a bit!

Somewhere in this thread way, way back there should be some posts and pics from when I did have a turn.  I'd be more than happy to take another though, and it would give us an excuse to meet up and jam!

• Like 2

It is finishing up a visit to NYC with Geoff Hartwell and will be visiting Diablo175. It is headed South and Va. maybe a good place to go. BP I have not forgotten you.

• Like 1