Hamer Fan Club Message Center

How do i know if its made from Korina?

I would think it is possible she is chambered.

Without a way to prove her wood she can only be valued as a Hamer Standard Custom from 2002 in black and b&c. $2.9k seems above market by around $1k but it has been a few months since I have seen any.

Without a way to prove her wood she can only be valued as a Hamer Standard Custom from 2002 in black and b&c. $2.9k seems above market by around $1k but it has been a few months since I have seen any.

A 2002 would NOT be chambered.

Possible, but not likely.

I supposedly ordered the first chambered Standard (which also happened to be korina) in 2004.

DSCN8135.JPG

kstd.jpg

Tuners also aren't original.

He wants to trade the Standard for my Tele, anyone here want to buy the Standard if I swap him?

not for $2900

No, more like $2200 shipped which is what I want out if the Tele.

He wants to trade the Standard for my Tele, anyone here want to buy the Standard if I swap him?

not for $2900

i'm waiting for an email back from Mr. Keller....if its Korina, maybe. given the reports of the condition, I prob would not even be in the market for $2200. Prob more like $1700-$1900?

headpeacecopy.jpg

Do you still have any of those guitars in the photo? ;):lol:

nope

not for $2900

Only if its a good weight and made of Korina, then i'd be in.

I've had (and have now) Mahogany Standards in that weight range or lighter - unchambered. I've also played Korina Standards that were well over 10 lbs.

not for $2900

Considering a REAL, HFC-owned and well-documented Standard Korina was offered here for $1,800, this price-range is absolutely laughable.

Must be tax season - why, yes it is!

not for $2900

Considering a REAL, HFC-owned and well-documented Standard Korina was offered here for $1,800, this price-range is absolutely laughable.

Must be tax season - why, yes it is!

I wouldn't pay that either. Here is the deal. I want $2200 out my Tele, He wants $2900 for his Standard. He offered to trade me straight up. I want a Les Paul, I will trade him my Tele and sell the Standard to an HFC'er for the $2200 and go buy a Les Paul. I am no longer up on Hamer prices, is $2200 out of the question for the Standard?

Archived