Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Loaner copy of "Guitars of the Stars - Vol. 1 - Rick Nielsen"

I have a brand new, still in the plastic wrapper copy of GOTS that I would like to loan and circulate to HFC members that do not own nor have ever seen the book. Upon receiving a thumbs up from a Mod/Owner of this forum then the book goes airborne. If approval is given on this thread then, away she goes......The book has been out of print for over twenty years and a few copies are available on Amazon at ungodly prices.....one dood is asking 4 grand for his copy...sheesh....that is what I was asking for my green standard until Peter Fung and Brian Ball threatened to kick the holy shit out of me if I went through with my sale..........

Here are the Stinkin' Rules:

1. I will send the book via USPS to the first responder in this thread after and if approval is given.

2. The first borrower can keep the book for two weeks or so and then post they are ready to send it to the next borrower. Hopefully each borrower will pay to ship to the next and on and on. To keep shipping costs down, lets keep it in the CONUS until there is no more demand in the U.S. Once it is shipped out of the U.S. maybe the sender and receiver can split shipping costs via PayPal. Hopefully this copy will circulate the world to a few of the continents. It is necessary to ship in a padded envelope so the book does not get destroyed in shipping. BTW....when you ship at the post office, tell the counter attendant you are shipping a book and they will give you a special, cheaper rate:)

3. There are six red blank liner pages (three in the front and three in the back). I would like each member who receives the book to write in (legibly) their HFC handle, the date they receive and their location. At the point where no one else wants to borrow it, I would like it sent back to me. I will then write down all the names of the borrowers on the red liner pages and have my beautiful ex-wife (we're still friends) draw a name out of my Hamer ball cap and that person will keep the book permanently.

Kind of a goofy idea....but hey....I am the Greenfreek....coo coo gajoo!!

There are 35 pages of the book dedicated to Rick's Hamer guitars up to the photo shoot in Oct. 1992. Lots of cool Gibsons, Fenders and other brands Rick played and owned through his career. Amps too and other memorabilia important to Rick.

So if you're gonna play.....be nice and follow my Stinkin' Rules........pleeeeeaaaaaassssseeee!!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would dearly love to see this book. :wub: I will treat it with cotton gloves and lovingly send it to another HFC member in 15 years after I have completely memorized every page. Or in a week or two if that would work better.... :)

This is an AWESOME idea, Bill!

This Mod heartily approves...

I have my first victim....going out today.

I'm waiting! B)

What a great place that HFC that is!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excited to hear that it is coming my way. Specialk will be next in line sometime in 2015..... or in a couple of weeks, whichever comes first. ;-)

• 1 month later...

Archived