Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bench Report; Bon Jovi Les Paul

BCR Greg

Question

Jon has the earliest Classic I have seen, and it fell. So I get to put it back. Here's a few shots of the work....

How it arrived(by courier)...

1Joncasecounter_zpsa6cc8315.jpg

1apicks_zpsd66172d9.jpg

Broked up bad...

2Broke_zpsf2fd30a3.jpg

3Busted_zps5622abce.jpg

After hours of fiber clearing, coffee drinking and careful refitting...the hot hide glue and clamps come into play....

4clamped_zps7d20a7db.jpg

5afterclamp_zps61a10d1f.jpg

Not strong enough, time for the routing. By hand. With a Dremel.

6Routing_zpsac96f490.jpg

Ok, now understand the latest clamping. I did not realize the piece was glued onto the splines. Perfect job. The splines are not visible anymore. Handcrafting excellence my dear!

Bon Jovi's supposed to play our corporate function in June.

It's a shame this wil be the first time in 6 years I've missed it. I bet there will be a gold-top Les Paul in the show. What a story.

Great work!

Guest gearwhore

I just found a new hero...nice work...I was never fond of head stock repairs but after I saw how you gave some life to the joint...I might just start buying project guitars. :D dam nice skills you have there. thanks for sharing.

dangit this is making me want a gold top.

Ha! Also feeling inspired by this thread, I brought an early LP Classic home with me yesterday

Now all you gotta do is push it off the guitar stand a few times.

Bon Jovi's supposed to play our corporate function in June.

It's a shame this wil be the first time in 6 years I've missed it. I bet there will be a gold-top Les Paul in the show. What a story.

Great work!

Full disclosure, I wish Bon Jovi played some of my work functions. But having said that.

I laughed when I read "... play our corporate function..." Alas, corporate rock.

6Routing_zpsac96f490.jpg

As always, genius at work. I'm proud to say I own a Hamer Studio with a BCRGreg headstock repair. Did Mr. Jovi at least give you a "shout out" at a few shows? Yo, Greg, buddy, who does your nails? Man, apply that Dremel to your thumbnail. :lol::lol::lol:

Keep up the good work fella.

Cheers!

caddie

ps - its weird but it seems like that Studio headstock repair job he did somehow made that guitar sound better. Greg sez its cuz the repair actually strengthens the neck. I don't know. All I know is it sounded better than I remember when i got it back.

So, Greg: Do they ask for an estimate? Is this a fixed price? Just curious from a business perspective. Who pays? the artist? A management company? Is this repair covered byinsurance? i am not asking for state secrets here, but anything you can share would be of interest to all of us. Thanks.

I laughed when I read "... play our corporate function..." Alas, corporate rock.

There are very few big-time bands out there that aren't willing to play private functions. For the right price, of course.

So, Greg: Do they ask for an estimate? Is this a fixed price? Just curious from a business perspective. Who pays? the artist? A management company? Is this repair covered byinsurance? i am not asking for state secrets here, but anything you can share would be of interest to all of us. Thanks.

3 free guitar lessons via Skype from Richie Sambora. Oh, wait...

There are very few big-time bands out there that aren't willing to play private functions. For the right price, of course.

That, plus he and our CEO are buddies, apparently.

That said, in recent years we've had Clapton, Van Halen, Don Henley, Bonnie Raitte/Martina McBride...

When I am contacted by these folks, price is rarely an issue.

As to who is paying? That changes per customer. KISS Korporate paid for Tommy's guitar, Neil Young pays cash, Green Day paid out of the PD's wallet.....it's always different.

I love corporate gigs. We typically pull more per man than we get for the full band at bar gigs and we do fine there. Often have them on weeknights too, but they end early, feed you, give you booze tickets and treat you well.

If ever, in my role, I'm brought out on stage for a presentation for my peers, I'm walking out with a wireless hookup, a Hamer Special (or the 25th Anny Artist), and playing the intro lick to "Whole Lotta Love."

We had the Bear Naked Ladies for a sales meeting once in Vegas. Loads of fun.

Guest gearwhore

I love corporate gigs. We typically pull more per man than we get for the full band at bar gigs and we do fine there. Often have them on weeknights too, but they end early, feed you, give you booze tickets and treat you well.

I can agree here,best gravy gigs on earth. Start at 5 setting up done by 9 and get double than any other night. and still have time for another show.

If ever, in my role, I'm brought out on stage for a presentation for my peers, I'm walking out with a wireless hookup, a Hamer Special (or the 25th Anny Artist), and playing the intro lick to "Whole Lotta Love."

We had the Bear Naked Ladies for a sales meeting once in Vegas. Loads of fun.

we had the BNL thrown out of the club one night.."the lounge" minneapolis..they kept trying to crash a private party..they were literally thrown out on the street yelling..."Buuuuut We're the bare naked ladiiiiiiiies" my fondest memory of famous people oversteping their bounds and getting bounced...I laugh everytime I hear their names. :lol:

One of my daughter's classmates just had Adam Lambert play at her house last night for her Sweet Sixteen party. Yep-these guys will play anywhere for the right coin. This party was obscene in its excess to me, but I'm also not a gazillionaire.

Guest gearwhore

One of my daughter's classmates just had Adam Lambert play at her house last night for her Sweet Sixteen party. Yep-these guys will play anywhere for the right coin. This party was obscene in its excess to me, but I'm also not a gazillionaire.

oh yes the private party shows...I teched a eddie money private show...had to have been a $500,000 birthday party easy..free food free top shelf booze free concert --a fireworks show that would take the pepsi challenge and win everytime....and a drove of 50+ women that had to be restrained from giving eddie their panties and more..was the craziest private event I had ever been to or worked...heck they even had a luxury portable bathhouse with air conditioning and an attendant for both the mens and womens...of coarse us help got blue biffs..they did give me a $50 bottle of patron to enjoy after the show though.

Guest gearwhore

Sorry to hijack the thread, BCRGreg.

Back to you with Sports!

How's the paint matching coming along?

he's working on it... he said a few more days yesterday.

Archived