Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: Hamer Goodness

Plays really well.

Love the bridge humbucker tone!

Not a big fan of the neck tone or middle position tone, but I've never really liked a humbucker in the neck position. Maybe at some point I'll add a push/pull coil tap and/or series/parallel switch on the pots.

But until/unless I do that, it is an awesome rock machine with the position switch set on "bridge". It plays with a little attitude, a little fast, a little nasty. Just right for hair metal and dirty blues rock.

DSC_9551_zpsc1032fc5.jpg

DSC_9550_zps3b8aa087.jpg

DSC_9549_zpsa34f299e.jpg

DSC_9548_zps3c09779e.jpg

DSC_9547_zps2fdeb8d7.jpg

DSC_9546_zps727f349e.jpg

DSC_9545_zps51a38e01.jpg

Sexy shots:

DSC_9556_zps56414a05.jpg

DSC_9555_zpsd1e1faaf.jpg

DSC_9554_zps5c2d8e76.jpg

DSC_9553_zps28a4e96c.jpg

DSC_9552_zps81b85eb9.jpg

Thanks to Elmo Zappa for not calling the cops when I stole it from him selling me such a sexy beast.

She is a keeper...

Possibly funny story: I previously owned two red Diablos, and stupidly sold them to get cash for some other guitar acquisitions. So I have "trans red" stuck in my brain, and at least 5 times in a row I opened the case and expected to see red, and was stupified for a moment: "Oh, yeah, this is the gorgeous green one."

One of the reasons I sought this out is that I already have a Californian standard, a Centaura standard, and a Chaparral standard.

I figured I needed a Diablo to round out the shredders.

(I know, I know: Steve Stevens model is a shredder. The TLE is a shredder. The Scepter is a shredder. The Vintage S could be considered a shredder. I kindly invite all these voices in my head to shut up now. I have one each of all four Hamer shredders and that's all the discussion I care to have on that topic)

Man, your pics make me miss her!

But really, EXCELLENT transaction with Nathan, he's a cool dude and got a great guitar.

I always had trouble setting this one up... never got the Floyd to feel loose even with only two springs, but I spent an evening ironing out the wrinkles and this guitar played it's best ever as I was setting it down into the case to ship it. I always tried to put DR 9-46 on this and it did NOT like them. I put an ol' set of 9-42 D'Addarios on, and BAM, the Floyd feels just perfect and got it set up right. This guitar will not like 10's unless it's downtuned, or ya run with 3 springs tightened so that ya need Popeye forearms to move the trem arm. But it's rockin now.

Glad it's in the HFC Family! Rock that unit!!!

Archived