Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FMIC Shuts down the New Hartford facility

WOW! I haven't been here in a while (surely nobody here will recognize me unless I bought a Hamer off of you), but I just heard, and HAD to verify. I wish absolutely nothing but the brightest of futures for every one of you finding yourselves without employment. You have crafted some incredible instruments over the years, 10 of which I'm the proud owner of. Best of luck to you all.

They even have a few unfinished Hamers that were taken off the production line when they pulled the plug a few years ago.

This makes me very sad.....do I need to send ninjas up to Connecticut?

I bet there are 600 to 800 guitars in that warehouse that will never sell unless they are blown out for next to nothing.

It'd be nice to even get a look at the list when they go off to auction (as I'm sure they will).

I could certainly use some of that stuff, as I'm starting out...

Those 600-800 are not Hamers - probably mostly Fender Acoustics (??). There was really nothing left Hamerwise when I was up there last fall apart from the few orders in progress that you've seen here and a celeb axe or two.

Watch for a USA Ovation blowout?

I believe the time has come that we as guitar players/owners/hoarders need to stop using the word Fender when referring to the corporation of FMIC.

Sadly there seems to be no place for music at FenderMusicalIntrumentsCorporation.

My nickel.

I recall seeing a small Hamer museum at the last open house (the flying v bass, etc), Was that all stuff Jol owned or is it all going to disappear?

Jol owned the bass. Some of the models displayed were stock instruments, salesman samples, etc. I lent them my own Korina Standard to put on display at HFC 1. There really hasn't been any stuff like that hanging around for a long time.

Jol owned the bass. Some of the models displayed were stock instruments, salesman samples, etc. I lent them my own Korina Standard to put on display at HFC 1. There really hasn't been any stuff like that hanging around for a long time.

That Korina Standard is awesome. What is going on BIG B?

Pics?

I've been keeping busy with my daughter, sending out resumes, etc. I need to call you. How about tomorrow afternoon? I have some stuff going on in the morning.

I've been keeping busy with my daughter, sending out resumes, etc. I need to call you. How about tomorrow afternoon? I have some stuff going on in the morning.

Perfect!

Archived