Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Last update from New Hartford

Wasn't Greg at BCR looking for a technician/luthier ??

No way in hell he could afford them! ;)

Your skills and experience increase the likelihood of all of you guys landing on your feet. Thank you for all the amazing instruments you've built in the past, and best wishes that you will be building more again soon.

Mike,

Words cannot express my sorrow. Hang in there and get a better job and make even better guitars. You are an artist and a gift to us all. Thank you for everything so far. My bet is there is more to come.

Best wishes, my friend.

You guys are the artists behind the artists. Your work has wow'd and blown our collective minds for a long time.

With the skill set that you guys have, it'd be cool if you could start your own small company, and build up over time. Look at

what Suhr has done. You fellas have a stellar reputation among a large number of potential customers.

I just hate to hear it. You guys will hopefully land on your feet, with the uber-skillz you have.

Mad respect and sentiments of loss ---- onward and upward to all -- your skills will find a home as will you all. Really sad but optimistic for you to find a better more stable place to be.

Regards

Rob

I feel sick to my stomach reading this. Wishing the best for you guys and your families. You have provided countless people with immeasurable joy and hope that it is returned in the future x10. I believe that good things happen to good people and while I don't know any of you guys personally, my gut tells me that you are all good peeps.

With the skill set that you guys have, it'd be cool if you could start your own small company, and build up over time. Look at

what Suhr has done. You fellas have a stellar reputation among a large number of potential customers.

Couldn't agree more. If you guys decide to band together and would make a T style guitar, count me as an official pre-order! I am serious about that!

Best wishes for a brighter tomorrow to you and all your fellow artisans, Mike.

What a sad day! The needle still heading south though.

I mean look at that thing. It's gorgeous, (the guitar that is :) ). What kind of a corporate rube says, "Hey ... lets quit making these things."

(If I could have ever custom ordered a Standard ... it'd be just like that.)

032_zpsd6fa2929.jpg

I certainly don't disagree with you in principal. But if they simply aren't selling, then you can't run a business that way.

Hell, maybe these guys can start their own company now and do even greater things.

Curious who gets the machinery....

Agreed 100%. We all are feeling for you guys. Very sad day indeed.

Serial makes a good point- the name on the head stock is irrelevant. It is/was the craftsmanship and magic you guys infused those guitars with. Wishing you guys all the best and hope to see your work again soon!

Mike, Dave and Crew...I wish you all the best as I am one of the few lucky recipients on the planet we call earth that have received your best for many years.

ATB,

Brian Ball

I certainly don't disagree with you in principal. But if they simply aren't selling, then you can't run a business that way.

Exactly. There are plenty of corporate rubes at FMIC who never even lay eyes on the product. To them it's all about the numbers. Which is as it should be. The ideal scenario involves a balance between business and personal; the latter lends something that (you would think) is appealing to the consumer. In lieu of that balance, the personal aspect should be given zero credence. Because it ain't personal. It's business.

This is why, if you're a guitar enthusiast, you probably shouldn't be in the guitar business. You're too emotionally involved. You could be the face of a guitar company, like Jol or Paul Reed Smith, and thus present the illusion that the personal aspect is present in your business. But you'd better have a person who's strictly business calling the shots.

And yes, that Standard is perfect.

Wasn't Greg at BCR looking for a technician/luthier ??

No way in hell he could afford them! ;)

If I hired them, I would have no problem paying them. I have one year's backlog of repairs with just me.....If they came aboard I could easily find enough work to keep them busy.

Archived